B&B: New contract role

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hmm ... I wonder how B&B will mess this up. Oh, they already did by putting him in this boring story. For some reason, I just can't buy Don Diamont as the powerful, yet charismatic, villain. He just can't pull it off.

• Members

Damn. He's cute. :)

Uh...yeah.

Ummm...skin color is all dependent on genetic makeups and climate/environment. Don't think me rude, but to suggest that skin color is like mixing paint together to get one new color tells me you really need to get out more.

• Members

Why the last name Barber? I just read this on SOD and knew it'd be posted here! I've heard gossip that B&B and Y&R are going to tangle more like they did in the successful 90's crossovers....and Dru might be coming back. This could be really good if they play their cards right.

• Members

Full disclosure, I'm biracial and I thought the exact same thing. :P I don't think it's so unnatural for that thought to have crossed your mind. But yes, genetics are a funny thing... thing is, that's a pretty convenient excuse for soap operas who haven't considered the politics of color in the black community since Carla Gray.

• Members

1.) Nobody thinks of genetics when casting black actors. They try to go for whoever is least black, or whoever comes at the cheapest price... just like with all newbies/new recasts, just like VR said. Most often they are mixed race because apparently network brass thinks that is safer. Not sure if that is true or not but I'm quoting Victoria on that one.

2.) It's not impossible with dominant genes, but yeah, you'd figure with a very light skinned father and a white mother he'd be on the whiter side, but, even two white people can unexpectedly have a black baby and it doesn't necessarily mean that the wife's been cheating... just that somewhere down the line in their lineage those genes exist and have chosen to emerge. It's possible, a bit strange, but as with all shows TPTB would appreciate it if we didn't ask questions or think for ourselves.

@ Bellcurve: Almost snorted coffee through my nose when I read your comment, because bitchy is always hilarious. However that said in y&r_fan's defence, I had taken a look at the picture yesterday then today just kinda went to the end to read replies and didn't think anything of it. However, I probably would have wondered the same thing, if my brain was activated and I hadn't been up all night last night. I probably just wouldnt have cared enough to ask, then thought meh, it's probably possible.

Archived