Y&R: Dru Recast...??

• Members

I'm sorry, but that woman isn't pretty enough to be Dru. She is a top model after all. Her look is just all kinds of wrong and that weave! But the good news is that the show seems to be actively in talks with Rowell for a return right now. I guess they feel the show needs Drucilla and polling showed that a recast wouldn't be acceptable according to that Genoa City News site that broke the news. We'll see how this goes. I have ZERO faith in this writing team to pull it off. I just hope Dru won't be forgotten after her back from the dead two week story and that they realize what a major character Drucilla is.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes. Considering how cavalierly they treated a character who returned from the dead after twenty years and is related to what is currently the biggest family in town, how will they feel about Dru? And why would they suddenly be interested in writing about black people after almost two years of lethargy?

Hogan had a few stories for Jessica on ATWT, and for Bonnie, but otherwise he hasn't written for black characters. I don't think Rauch has given major stories to black characters on any of his shows since I don't even know when. Was he at AW when Corinne Jacker brought in the Hardings and Todds?

• Members

What is super model Iman doing these days?

If Rowell returns I hope she has it written in her contract that her and Michelle Stafford never have scenes together. That relationship sounds as toxic off screen as it was onscreen for both characters.

• Members

I agree.

But we're all getting our panties in a twist for no reason, anyway.

RecordHunter, over at Usenet, called the number that Rowell is giving out on Twitter. (I don't know who that leads to). He was told "we're not bringing her back". That directly.

Not happening.

Moreover, as much as I want Rowell and Dru back (I wrote that in the 'characters you want back' thread last week), anyone can see that she's being a major demagogue right now (giving out numbers, telling people to "make noise" for her to return)...and the show isn't going to appreciate being railroaded in that way.

I miss Dru. More than I ever thought I would. But I've resigned myself to a looooooooooooong time before I ever see her again.

Archived