Y&R: Dru Recast...??

• Members

So has anyone checked out the new CBS Soaps in Depth? My mother just told me that it had something about Drucilla being recasted and a pic of some other black woman (who she says looks just like Victoria Rowell) on the cover. Thought I would share or inquire, because I don't read that mag. Feel free to chime in! I'm *intrigued* at this point...

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A Dru recast has disaster written all over it.

The actress and the writing would have to be amazing for this to work,and with the current crew that ia a big ask.

Secondly,it would mean another 'back from the dead' story.which we have just had with Phillip and not too long before that ,Katherine.

I'd rather see a Malcolm recast.

Or a dynamic new character that could take the existing characters in new directions.

After all,once Dru returns and the shock is over,where do they go next.another round of Neil/Dru.

Last time when VR returned they had the character of Wes alongside her and it went nowhere-she just remarried Neil.

Every other new black woman-Tyra,Karen and those that went before them all failed.

still,I think they would be better off trying again than doung a Dru recast.

• Members

NO RECAST.

I would accept Dru back because they never found a body... but it'd have to be good... and it'd have to be VR

KSJ put your foot down or else go bitch to the media because this is going to be dreadful.

ETA: Tamara Tunie?? :huh:

• Members

This Dru being recast rumour goes around every 4 months or so...

Make no mistake, this character is very much needed and her absence continues to be a big hole on this show.

But with this current group of writers, she's better off dead. That way, she won't be a pod version of herself or some type of victim, since it's a female character.

Archived