GL: August discussion

• Members

"The microphones can't pick up the voices, and soon the picture will fade. If on occasion you think of us, we hope your memory will be a pleasant one."

The final words of The Brighter Day.

For GL's penultimate month, one of my favorite soap friendships of all time, Roger and Maureen.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I found the wedding so dull and boring. What a let down. The ending was great though. I can't stand Bizzie. I can't believe EW thought they would work as a couple. So sick of Mallet..aka..Lurch and Marina....

• Members

Been meaning to post about last week's show (Tue) I happened to watch when working from home. You know what? Not bad. I loved seeing MK and PS share a scene together. Vanessa was on quite a bit and it was so great seeing her.

Shayne and Dinah go so well together. He's is just plain HOT and Branson really looks like he could be Newman's son. That voice. OMG. GT is just amazing and could pull off anything I think.

The only bad thing in that ep was Lurch and Co. Jeez. What a trainwreck they are together. This is a man that was once her uncle, and they're still trying to sell these two? GMAB. Just because they are living together IRL doesn't mean it works on the show, Ellen! They suck together. They're boring. And kinda creepy.

Lurch: "Mmmmmm my neice has grown up into a ripe lil thang. I'm gonna tap that like I did her aunt!"

MArina: "I have a daddy complex. I love gettin bred by ex-possible dads and ex-uncles"

Lurch: "Come to daddy!"

:wacko::wacko:

• Members

I love Bizzie and Dinah and Shayne so I could tolerate the wedding because of them. What I couldn't understand is Dinah confessing to stop Marina from being QUESTIONED! Yes, yes... would have torn their lives apart, but that was already happening. Marina was sick of Mallet dogging her around even after they'd determined she couldn't have killed anyone. What a weak plot. I don't know that I can even stick around until Sept. 18th. It's too painful watching this show now.

• Members

I'm not even motivated enough to poke around the back of my computer to try to fix my TV tuner so that I can record it...

Just don't care. It's sad really, thought I'd be more invested than this.

• Members

Well, in a weak defense of the timing of Dinah's confession, she has tried a couple of times to get Mallet to back off Marina.

It's stupid, I can't deny that...but I don't find anything compelling about Dinah and Shayne anyway, so if she ends up sacrificing this "happiness", I don't give a rat's ass. Looking back on it, I can't really say I've liked any of GT's love interests on the show.

• Members

Really? You're not a Shaynah fan? I like them together, but maybe I'm missing something since I only watch at the most 1-2 eps a week. I'm fixin to put it on the DVR beginning Sept 1 so I can see how Ms. Wheeler plans on ending the story.

BTW, I have no faith that she will end it well. But I've been watching this show for 30 years so....

• Members

I haven't seen today's show yet, but I read that Matt hit on Beth. Did that happen? Did they mention the story ten years ago where Beth chased after Matt and told Vanessa she was old and unattractive and needed plastic surgery?

I know that story was just a byproduct of Rauch's Maeve Kinkead hate, but boy did that make me loathe Beth at the time.

Archived