GL: August discussion

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess you're mostly right. Anything Josh/Matt/Frank/Rick/Buzz/Cyrus is pretty pointless and friendshippy....I guess I'm just really BEYOND tired of the lesbian jokes.

Forgot to add a SQUEAL at the Billy/Vanessa stuff in the previews!!! Finally, something I give a flyin' fig about.

• Members

Wait....did I miss something? Is Shayne keeping his mouth shut about Dinah's real reason for killing FakeEdmund, ie, his threat against Colin and Henry, and still not telling everyone that he's Henry's bio-dad? I'd think a lot of Josh and Reva's pissy 'tudes would evaporate if they knew that little tidbit.

Billy and Vanessa were beyond cute today. :)

• Members

Edmund is the best character since Roger and Roger kept coming back - no matter what he did and came back from the dead again and again and Eddie is our Roger now and hope Eddie is on till the light goes out and I want all the Edmund scenes I can get B4 GL ends - because I need a lot Edmund recordings to watch after the light goes out - don't care if he reads the phone book - DAM looks so hot with my upgraded DVR and that is best reason - so Let Eddie Live!!

B)

• Members

Sigh....Maeve Kincaid and Jordan Clarke are perfection. "You have some courting to do, Mr. Lewis!

And instead, I've been stuck watching the painfully horrid Mallet and Marina for MONTHS, while the renewed romance between Vanessa and Billy consisted of about three pecks on the cheek with no follow up for months. *bangs head on wall*

• Members

I'm just pleased we got anything at all, but their priorities are very skewed. I don't know anyone who likes Mallet/Marina. I have not seen any fans of this couple. Perhaps I just haven't looked enough but I haven't seen any.

In better news,

I don't miss this character but I'm still a bit surprised they haven't brought Cassie or Marah back. I would have also been happy to have seen Rusty, but he's more of a part of the distant past. I know they asked Laura Wright back but Nicole Forrester would have been OK for a few days. And to see Marah so ignored, probably because she was once involved with Jeffrey, is sad.

Reva has spent so much of these last months ACTING and carrying on and having highs and lows, I wish they'd revisited the post-partum depression story she had after she gave birth to Shayne. Shayne is there, thinking of Reva's "death" would have reminded him of Lara's death and his own absence from Henry's life, and they could have brought Reva's family back to help her pull through. She's always been an unstable character but they have forgotten about the depression. I think that would have been better than her just going around acting a fool over Jeffrey's presumed death.

• Members

Lurve Billy and Vanessa. Matt's hot but not with Vanessa. Their scenes together just remind me of more lost potential of Wheeler's GL. Not only did we have to sit through Grady and Daisy and Marina and Mallet when we could have been building up a Billy/Van/Matt/Blake quad. Also, instead of making it Cooper's Light...Billy and Van and the Lewises could have taken over for the Bauers. Van would make a great matriarch in the Kim Hughes "Somebody is gonna get their ass kicked," mode and Billy would be the one to come her down and get her off her high horse "Ah darlin' remember we were young once too...now come over here and give me some of that good lovin!"

Archived