OLTL: Discussion for the week July 13

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I need a favor. For those of you who have SOAPnet, could someone please catch the closing credits tonight and let me know of any new additions to the cast list shown at the bottom of the screen (recurring, dayplayer, etc...)? Last Tuesday's pre-emption bumped them from Friday to today and missed recording them. The only one I saw as they flew by was Richard Mawe as the Justice of the Peace, but I'm not sure if there were any others.

• Members

Really disapointed Rex completely lied to GiGi about sleeping with Stacy.. Up until today, he really didn't deny it. Now he did, it's totally over for them in a few months...

I really hope they bring on Rex's father - and SOON!!!

• Members

Yeah, you had to pay very close attention to catch it. You can always tell when a person is moving, because it just looks different. It's almost as if the movements are slower than they are when in the regular soap look, which I hope doesn't disappear before this genre dies. I know that many like the FilmLook thing and think that it's great, and that some can't really tell the difference, but to me, absolutely nothing beats the old school way. It's 100 times more intimate and personal than film or FilmLook.

Yes indeed! Cris/Layla are great together, and that pairing really took two uninteresting characters and made them must-see. Love them. If Fish and Kyle become a real couple somewhere down the line, Kyle should move in and make it a comedic foursome. It'd be like something out of a 70s sitcom, and RC likes that kind of stuff.

I'm so tired of the Gigi/Rex/Stacy nonsense. What could have been awesome (I loved Stacy at first simply because she couldn't stand Gigi) has turned into this drawn-out nonsense. Gigi is vying for the World's Worst Mother award. All of this [!@#$%^&*] goes down constantly with her and Rex, and Shane is always left in the dark. His parents never level with the kid. I can't wait until he's screwed up emotionally and raises hell for them all. So glad Brody left that crew alone.

The stuff with the Riveras and Dorian came off a little overblown to me. If Markko and Langston had ran out of the La Bou and drove off in the night, then I would understand all of "Lord knows what they're doing!" and "Why didn't I stop them!" and "You have to let him go" stuff. But they just went upstairs. If Ernie really wanted to rain on their parade, he would have followed them upstairs and knocked on every door until he found them. Too afterschool special-y for me, but the stuff upstairs with Lang and Markk was great. Jason Tam is finally getting some real stuff to work with.

• Members

If the Dorian/Viki relationship is going to keep going then they need some more shadings, especially Viki. Her petty reaction to Dorian's invitation was one thing, but to proceed to spend most of her time at Labrador or whatever the proper name is rolling her eyes at Dorian got on my nerves. Yes Dorian is a drama queen and she makes many mistakes, but she was just trying to help her daughter -- something Viki herself hasn't been doing the best job of over the past year.

Markko living at Llanfair could be interesting, although I wonder who he will interact with. It would be nice to see him with some platonic friendships with Natalie or Jessica, or becoming friends with Jared or Brody. I'm sure Charlie, on his rare appearances, could also become a surrogate father to him.

I wouldn't mind seeing them write out Mr. Rivera and keep his wife around.

• Members
I knew something was off. I almost felt a little sick on my stomach watching it.

I really like the build-up to this pairing. :wub:

I can already see it and I think the four actors would handle material like that very well. It would be something like watching an episode of "Friends." I think they struck gold with this gay story because this is the first time where I'm invested in the story for the sake of the story and not because it is a token advancement of diversity that you tend to see on soaps.

Rex's lies are about to destroy what little potential they had left.

I liked the dinner party but I knew there was something about it that was bothering and I think it is exactly as you stated. Dorian was for once attempting to do something honorable and Viki's reactions sort of threw it off for me.

• Members

I loathed Viki's behavior all last week and yesterday too. Dorian was making strides in being selfless and trying her best to make Langston happy, but Viki was doing/being everything that Dorian accuses her of doing/being: a stuck-up, crap-don't-stink princess. I couldn't stand the way she and Charlie were acting when Moelle (a couple name that works!) showed up at Llanfair to tell them about Dorian's little dinner party.

I didn't get to see the second half of yesterday's show, so I missed the stuff about Markko moving into Llainfair, but that works for me. I'd actually wanted him to get a room at the Angel Square Hotel and become close friends with Roxy, but I like the prospect of him being taken in by the Lords. I'm really, really excited for them to finally give him more ties to the other characters, hopefully. Tam is too talented to just be Cole's guy Friday.

Yes! Some people are already trying to hype it up, but I'm gonna have some faith in OLTL that they don't feed into it nor bow down to it. The story is moving along nicely and at the pace that a story involving two supporting-supporting characters should. All throughout RC's tenure, from when I was absolutely in love with it and when I couldn't stand it, one thing that I thought he did well was write for his couples. Jared and Natalie, Viki and Charlie, Jess and Brody, Langston and Markko, John and Blair, Michael and Marcie, and now Layla and Cristian are getting some good material. Some weak links, of course (Gigi and Rex! Todd and Marty!), but overall some really good couples. If Kyle and Fish end up going the romance direction, I have very little doubt that RC'll get the job done.

• Members

Todd told Blair, "I have limits. Don't push me, you won't like it." Is he going to rape her? Or threaten to rape her? I know that wouldn't fit the Todd who is now such an irresistible stud that two women who used to have a brain in their head now spend most of their time obsessing over him, but that's the first thing I thought of when he made that comment. What an odd writing choice, since

I would be thrilled to see Todd and Tea get back together, just so I can avoid any scenes they have, but something tells me this is the only storyline OLTL will give Blair. If this ends then I won't be surprised if she's written out. So she's stuck with this guy and not only does she face the backlash from people who like Todd/Tea, she also ends up looking like a chump for getting together with Todd again. It's a no-win situation.

Archived