OLTL: Discussion for the week July 13

• Members

For me Blair sets off my disgust radar all on her own, this is the woman who not to long ago was in love with John and making claims of abuse and fighting Todd in court over the kids because she feared for their safety now it seems all is good and she wants herself a little some of Todd so yes she kinda looks like a chump. I haven't been watching for long but as Blair ever not use her body to get Todd's attention or her children to teach him a lesson?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Blair has tried several times to get on with her life. After Todd sold her baby (because he thought the baby wasn't his -- he bought the baby back when he learned he was the father) and she found out, she dumped him. He then went to the pains of creating a false identity (he had to have a new face because he'd been beaten up by Mitch Laurence goons) to woo her back.

The most recent time was when he left his youngest son Sam alone in his carseat, beat up Cole, beat up Markko, threatened to harm Langston, and he contributed to Starr falling down the stairs. She wanted nothing to do with Todd, and Todd then spent the rest of 2008 trying to create a fantasy life with his rape victim Marty. Todd had no interest in Blair or his kids and only cared about having Marty. Blair was in love with John and wanted a life with him, which he went along with when he wasn't making cow eyes over Marty.

Suddenly, probably due to some urgent need to reunite the most boring couple on the planet (John and Marty), Blair and John broke up and Blair was shoved back into Todd's orbit.

Now Blair is, yes as you said, using her body to get his attention and teach him a lesson. And now we're going to be left with her being seen as some interloper between Todd and Tea, another couple whose history is reduced to a man hurting a woman in as many ways as he can, while the woman feigns outrage while really begging for more.

It's all such trashy writing, I can only imagine Brian Frons himself is penning every scene, that is when he's not scrawling Gigi + Rex = Forever in his Trapper Keeper.

• Members

While I agree that it's unsettling to see Tea and Blair completely abandoning any integrity or sense of independence for a man who's hurt them so many times, I have to commend the writers for attempting to let us know that they are on our side. Marty's visceral memories of her sexual encounter with Todd while John was about to make love to her reminded viewers (this viewer, at least) that the pain Todd inflicts on others is real and lasting. I thought it was a very real moment and an important beat to play. Of course, we then saw Blair stripping out of her bathing suit and seducing the man who ripped her family apart a year ago. Instances like these, though, fuel the fire that there are clearly two opposing forces writing the show...

• Members

I wouldn't call Blair or Tea a prostitute, although I think Tea was the one who would only get married if she got a big check. Sadly on OLTL now many women are labeled as whore or slut, usually by the men they give their lives to.

I wish I knew whether the show sees Marty's encounter with Todd as something which we are supposed to look back on with horror. At the time they painted this as being about love as much as violence. Then they had Marty say on the stand she wanted Todd. Then Tarty bonded again in those messy scenes where he helped her recover her memory. Now we're back to her pain again, but

• Members

Tea had the same facial expression for seeing Todd and Blair that she has for every contrived shock moment (like when she was shot). I preferred her in the scenes with Cristian.

I hope we aren't supposed to see Rex as any type of hero just because he's not Stacy.

I guess Chris Stack is turning in his last few appearances. I will miss him. Michael was a genuinely good guy, hard to find on any soap these days.

• Members

ITA. I'd be 100% behind Destiny and Matthew if they got a better actress to play her. EA isn't "doing Shakespeare," but he's decent enough for a 14-15 year old.

Todd/Tea/Blair needs to end.

Rex/Stacy/Gigi needs to end.

END, I tell ya!

I can't sympathize with either Blair or Tea. Both of you bitches are stupid to continue to tangle your lives up with Todd. I don't CARE if he's probably the most fantastic lover in the entire world, because I wouldn't be surprised if he is. BUT NOOOO. NO.

I miss Michael and Marcie :( Michael's impression of Marcie was hilarious and spot-on.

• Members

Stacy is effing pathetic and she's going to get herself killed.

I love little Des, but she is certainly cringe-worthy... I'm still on the fence though becuase it's like endearingly cringe-worthy, do you know what I mean? Maybe I'm the only one. I would not be a-tall surprised if she went away for a while (got into a magnet school or something?) and came back a little SORAS'd and all hottified for a teen romance with Matt. Backlash? Yes. But when has that stopped them before. As long as they don't recast her four shades lighter. But it's still cute right now, it's like the genesis of Marcie and Mike.

And oh Lord, can hardly wait to see Robin and Kassie leave no scenery unchewed during those Grey Gardens sequences.

• Members

Todd won't apologize to Marty for "loving" her.

Was that when he, Zach, and Powell "loved" her in 1993, or when he "loved" her last year?

Scenes like the ones today with Marty poke a big hole in the already leaking balloon that is Todd/Tea/Blair. Marty will always be the first and probably the only for him, and OLTL's nonstop ambiguity on this "love story" makes me wonder if in time they will go back to Tarty. I'm starting to wish they would just go there already, and free up Tea and Blair for other stories.

• Members

Rex: Stacy why did you just grab a bag of blood from that coat?

Stacy: Bags of blood are the new thing now. Everybody has one even Sky was walking around town with a bag of blood.

Rex: I know what you did! You but my son's life at risk to break me and Gigi up you soulless bitch!

Stacy: Shane and Gigi suck! I so love you more than them ever since you gave me back my backpack when I was in 9th grade

Rex: No not this again.........

Stacy: People were making fun of me and you gave me my backpack and my tampons and you sort of smiled at me. I will remember backpack love!~ till I die

Rex: You are a few fries short of a happy meal....

Stacy: You like happy meals??? I can steal one for you from some little kid's. Do you know any other kids that have Cancer?

(Rex slowly starts to walk out of the room)

Stacy: backpack love!backpack love!backpack love! tampons !!

Archived