GL: July Discussion

• Members

To put it bluntly, I think Olivia should give it a test run with Doris, just to see if she's really ready to swear off (*^%*%. 'Cause I have serious doubts Natalia knows exactly how the mechanics of them would "work" so to speak. :lol:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In recent episodes, I've noticed lines like, "Don't piss me off," and "They have their heads up their asses."

Has this dialogue been on GL a lot over the past few years or is this recent? I could swear I don't remember most of the character speaking quite this bluntly until recently. Is this an "anything goes" for cancellation, like what happens on some other soaps (in the UK, Brookside became full of profanity and drugs and violence in its final year)?

If it is a deliberate choice, too bad they can't just go totally crazy and have Cyrus and Remy go around bare-assed or have them get into a drunken one night or something.

Then again, for the most part, Otalia didn't even go beyond holding hands, so...

• Members

I found myself just a little annoyed at the Bizzie wedding mishaps Friday. Apparently, Bizzie can't pull off a wedding after weeks of planning, but Dinah and Mindy can organize one in about two hours.

• Members

The whole thing was very contrived, but I did like the scenes of everyone emerging from hiding places with their own chairs and supplies. One of the few improvements I've seen in GL lately is their use of outdoor footage -- that type of thing was great use of outdoor footage.

I also didn't know Mindy was going to be at the wedding so that was a nice surprise. Even if she may not even get a line of dialogue.

• Members

I felt embarrassed for the actors in Friday's show. Bring you own chairs to the wedding and trudge through a muddy field? Bill and Lizzie were already at an empty church earlier in the episode. Couldn't Dinah have just called everyone to the church? It's reasons like Friday's show that GL is cancelled.

• Members

I chose to believe TIIC were paying homage to (arguably) GL's pentultimate wedding---Josh and Reva's first marriage at Cross Creek.

Personally, I loved the Quint/Nola one more...but c'est la vie.

• Members

I don't care about Bizzie as a couple but I liked seeing the interaction between the various guests. There were some nice little character moments. I'm not sure why they had Matt hit up on Mindy and I wasn't even sure that was the point of the scene until Rick showed up to hit on her but I liked the small scenes with Rick/Mindy/Billy. I hope when the show ends they have Mindy say she's moving back to Springfield.

I also liked the flirting with Mel/Cyrus. If the show had continued on I think they would have been a hot couple. When GL is done, GH may want to consider hiring Murray Bartlett as a recast Ethan. Or a Jacks family member.

My favorite part was probably when Michelle said the wedding made her want to get married again, and Rick said she'd already married Danny 27 times!

I even liked Daisy's horror at seeing Buzz and Lillian make out all the time. It's too bad they had to pick this role to de-age because Bonnie Dennison does the bratty teen mode well and I don't like that I always end up remembering that she should be somewhere around 25 years old.

Archived