GL: July Discussion

• Members

This doesn't seem to have been started yet.

I don't think the clip of Meta reading the Declaration of Independence at the 2001 Bauer barbecue is online anywhere, but here's a clip of Alan-Michael (Carl T. Evans) parachuting into the 1987 Bauer shindig.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So what was everyone's opinion of the very last Bauer BBQ? I don't think it was all that bad, in fact maybe it's just the sentimental part of me speaking, but it was the best for me in years. (Note I don't even remember the last Bauer BBQ that I actually enjoyed all around due to the last two regimes.)

• Members

I had low expectations, due to the lack of any Bauers but Rick, Michelle and Rick's strangely old daughter, but I enjoyed myself. I liked the focus on games, friendship, fun, family. I was happy to see the Bauers have a kitchen again. Rick's speech about Bert was a nice goodbye to the barbecue, and to fans. I surprised myself by enjoying the brief conversations between Marina/Danny and Bill/Michelle. That all felt very real, and a nice nod to history, like what GL and ATWT were both effortless at showcasing in the late 80s and early 90s.

The Otalia story was a drag but the rest was solid. Not a masterpiece, but we're not going to get that anyway.

• Members

Just a head's up to those interested that the 7/7 episode of GL is not being pushed back to 7/8. The cbs.com/daytime site has a listing of stations that are airing GL at different times overnight tonight. Also, the 7/7 episode is up cbs.com

Very good scene with Reva when she was talking to Jeffrey on the phone while his plane was crashing. Good job, Kim!

• Members

B4 GL ends or moves - I want it come out Marina was going to plant drugs on someone and I also want it to come out that Mallet was a hitman who killed a man if front of his child and I want Henry to be taken away from the hypocrites - I am so tired of hearing how wonderful they are - please make them pay for their crimes - I want Edmund to be alive - Lara to be alive too and come get her baby - this story should have been about Edmund/Shayne/Reva/Josh and their grandchild would have been better then hearing Marina whines.

GL HOTLINE: 866 - 695 - 1859

email: [email protected]

B)

• Members

I appreciate that TIIC have paid lip-service to the Dinah/Bill relationship today. It feels a little anti-climatic, but that could just be because I'm coming off a really excellent couple of days of ATWT.

• Members

Okay, am I the only one who wants Olivia to forget about that whiny, cowardly brat Natalia, who never truly appreciated her, and have a relationship with a woman as confident, determined, and grown-up as she is: Doris Wolfe?

Now that would be hot and Olivia wouldn't have to hold herself back and tame herself to meet with some ninny's approval. Doris loves her fire, she wouldn't force her to dampen her passions like Natalia passive-aggressively does. All Olivia's gotten from Natalia is grief, guilt, and three months worth of 12 year-old BFF worthy handholding. :rolleyes:

• Members

I've seen quite a few ex-Otalia fans, or Olivia fans say this. I think it would be fine, although they will probably find a way to do the same to Doris as they did to Natalia. Supposedly it is GL who chose to make the relationship so stilted. Even Barbara Bloom reportedly asked why there was no sexual drive.

• Members

One thing I do like is Doris's friendship with Olivia thoughout this and Blake and Natalia's friendship. Funny how both Doris and Blake have befriended the same people (including Blake and Olivia, surprise) though I remember when Doris had the hots for Ross. I don't think the two liked each other then, but I don't know about now.

Archived