GL: July Discussion

• Members

I wish they'd give Matt somebody. He's too hot to be alone. I'd love to see Phillip & Beth and Rick & Mindy end up together. Why not?

At 40, MB's probably a little old for Ethan but I like the idea of him playing a Jacks (wasn't Jax's brother Jerry British for some reason? :unsure: ). On the other hand, GH is so horrid I don't want to have to watch it to see him but I will if I have to.

And I'm glad Danny wasn't there or it would've been 28. ;)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And I'm completely annoyed by Matt popping up randomly around town, without any real purpose. Why in the [!@#$%^&*] bother with "annoyed Matt" shots when Billy and Vanessa are within a foot of each other? Matt barely speaks with Van...heck, he spends too much time hanging out with Billy and the guys to make me believe he's really mooning over Vanessa.

• Members

There's definitely some strange moments when Matt has scenes with certain characters. I thought the chumminess with Dinah was odd, given their history.

Murray Bartlett is too old for Ethan but he fits everything the character should have been with an actor who can speak English and has charisma and looks. Then again, would you want to go from working with Marj Dusay, Beth Ehlers and Yvonna Kopacz (or for that matter even the truly one of a kind Mandy Bruno) to Natalia Livingston? He would also be confused as to why there are no black characters allowed in Port Charles, unless they're a sassy nurse. Jax's brother was played by a British actor, then a French one.

I got all the way through the episode and have some more thoughts.

I didn't like that annoying music in the background when Bizzie said their vows. And what was with Lizzie's cackling when Bill was speaking? I thought she was having another mental episode.

It was too short, but I liked seeing Billy semi-propose to Vanessa, and seeing the two share a kiss. I have a feeling that the most I will get, if I get anything, is them walking into Company and saying, "We got married!", but I'll take what I can get.

I thought Liz Keifer looked beautiful and I liked seeing Blake but I couldn't help laughing when some canned music came on and she said, "That's my favorite song!" Come on. If you're going to use fake music then don't pretend otherwise.

The little moment at the end where the 4 Musketeers talked and then Phillip and Beth kissed was nice.

• Members

I didn't catch the wedding, and I'm glad I didn't after reading these comments. I did, however, catch some of yesterday's show (fell asleep through the 2nd half). :lol:

Anyway, the Reva/Josh scenes at the beginning - Reva saying to Josh (of all people) that he had no idea what she was going through thinking Jeffrey was dead (burn, baby, burn!) was great stuff. KZ/RN still have smokin chemistry and I'm SOOO hoping that douche bag DA is dead so we can start getting a Jeva reunion of sorts before the show ends.

KZ used to be such a good cryer. When did that change? She looks horrible when she cries these days.

Another thought - is it just me, or whenever I see KZ on location in Peapack all I can think about is that she's "sweating her balls off" in NJ???? :lol::lol:

And why was Marina sweeping up rice - apparently outside of Company - when they threw the rice INSIDE of Company??? It's stupid [!@#$%^&*] like that that makes people shake their head when watching this show.

• Members

The rice may have fallen off their clothes as they left Company.

The wedding wasn't great but there were some nice little character moments I think you might enjoy.

I also liked that when Lizzie threw the bouquet, it fell apart and every woman who was reaching for it got a piece. I'm sure this has been done somewhere but I'd never seen it and I thought it was a good variation of a very old cliche.

• Members

I noticed the increase in the usage of those phrases, too. Don't know why but the "the cops have their heads up their asses", from Reva, was just too much "in your face". It was appropriate for the scene, I guess, but this time it just rubbed me wrong. Reva, going up against Alan, is to me the only time when her outrages are fun and enjoyable to watch.

• Members

I will hold out to the very end, as long as they bringing back Holly, and as long as I can watch Phillip. I take comfort in knowing I can watch Crystal on Days, and Gina on OLTL, but I'm going to miss watching GA. Phillip and Rick's friendship is something I've always loved.

• Members

I knew there was something I appreciated about yesterday's eppy...I love the thought of Phillip buying Lizzie a house, getting her out of the Spaulding mansion, and then wanting a horse shoe like the one they had on a house she grew up in.

• Members

I liked that too. It's been hard watching Phillip knowing he's supposed to die and see all these great interactions with Beth, Lillian, even Alan at the wedding

Call me crazy, but I'm liking GL these days. I liked the wedding, not because of the place, but because of the people and their interactions. I could see why most of these folks were at the wedding. Reva and Josh's scenes in Fla. were great. I am uncomfortable with Reva pining for Jeffrey, cause I could never get into that pairing. How can you not root for Reva and Josh. Remeber their last wedding was documented on TLC's "A Wedding Story" I'll never forget that.

I'm looking forward to Phillip's "last days". I get the feeling a miracle cure may be in store. (And no, I don't read GL spoilers.)

• Members

This show is all about Jeffrey. Gawd....he is still sucking the life out of this show. I am so sick of seeing Marina and her husband Lurch. Loved seeing the Alan, Phillip & son going camping. The rest of the show pretty much sucked for me.

• Members

Yeah, the only scenes I liked were Alan, Phillip, and James. Three generations of Spaulding men all on a camping trip, very good stuff.

Funny how it seems as if most episodes are compiled of crap, with only one or two good highlights these days.

Oh, and wtf was with Lurch and podMarina? Bogue and whatherface were not selling that scene between them today, they just seemed like to actors yelling at each other in poor lighting.

• Members

Well get ready for even more bad news, Bradley Cole is back on-set and scenes with him will appear until the final episode. So, either Jeffrey is still alive and will return, Jeffrey's ghost will be onscreen until the end, or Prince Richard/Prince Richard's ghost will be. Ugh. Can't they just stop airing it right now? Does anybody really want to see the clusterf*** they have in store for us? :mad:

They can't even manage to properly kill off the worst, most despised character in the show's history for goodness sake!

Archived