Y&R: Potpourri Thread

• Members

Actually, when Hogan Sheffer was at ATWT I believe, he gave an interview (maybe in SOD?) in which he said he'd love to write for B&B's Amber.

Brad Bell loved Amber.

Hogan Sheffer loves Amber.

MAB loves "humor".

I love Amber. So I think she's here to stay, and "Scooby-style" is too, and I'm obviously personally happy about that. But I realize why this annoys others.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I couldn't stand Amber at first. But when they moved her into Kay's sphere, it softened her alot, and she grew on me. I don't mind her now. I still want her and Kay's relationship to continue on it's course... in that respect, I can see how theyr'e grooming her to be the new "Nikki". Nikki was kind of shrill and a pain in the ass from 1978-84... much like Amber. But she matured, and became much more tolerable.

• Members

I think Adrienne Leon was the best Colleen, and I would welcome her back best. I hate that MAB hasn't called her yet, and that she's stuck with this poor recast.

Regarding Amber -- I don't think she has any place on the show. I like the Scooby-gang, but I absolutely loathe the kind of storylines they've given them. Sh*tty, sh*tty material. Someone mentioned on another thread that both LML and MAB can write only 'bags full of money' storylines for them. I can only think of one reason for that, and its name is Scott Hamner. He's probably the one who plots the stories for them.

I really wish the 'wives swap' would happen. I'm tired of seeing this constant teasing (Amber/Kevin and Jana/Daniel). Then, Jana and Daniel could easily leave the canvas. I love Emily O'Brien but I have to agree with another poster here who said that viewers will never forget the past of this Latham creation. As for Daniel... I've never seen his appeal. He's so average, to me.

• Members

I suppose if they REALLY wanted to break new ground, they could have the scooby gang engage in a foursome. :o I can hear Kevin now... "Daniel.... what are you doing to my ass?" I can agree that their material has not been good. I loved Adreienne Leon as well... and I'll freely admit, the primary reason is that she bears such a resemblance to Maitland, she just LOOKS like Traci's daughter. And she played the character with an undercurrent of insecurity..... I like that, too.

• Members

An addendum to my posting about Meg Bennett. In that same interview, she all but came right out and said that network interference is a HUGE problem for soaps lately. She had to dance around it with a wink and a nudge, but she was also being VERY obvious in what she was saying.

• Members

I loved Adrianne Leon's Colleen Carlton as well. She was absolutely amazing and had such spot on chem with the entire cast. She could have pulled off flawlessly and made believable the corporate storyline and I really missed her during Brad's death scenes. She was the perfect combination of Brad & Traci IMO. The only saving grace is that they don't write for TS but on the other hand, Colleen should be a core character now as an up-and-coming generation of the Abbott clan. Now CK has taken on where AL left off as the young leading lady and TS' Colleen is simply a prop to Lily--their roles have completely reversed.

• Members

This thread is stupid but...

Agreed with most of this. Though I don't blame Sheffer. MAB is mapping out the stories, so there's only so much he can do here. Say what you want about Hogan, but he's a pretty awesome script writer.

ETA: I forgot Hogan is Co-HW... I still don't think he's as bad as people make him out to be.

• Members

I like Adrianne Leon but other than resembling Beth Maitland, she was very passable IMHO. There were/are many actors that can do Colleen justice (LF still remains my favourite!). Sursok isn't bad, just severely mis-cast and the extreme hatred for the actress is pretty tasteless (ditto Heinle at times). Whatever happened to Sierra? I miss the Colleen/Lily/Sierra clique!

• Members

Do you think that Sally Sussman would be a good or a bad addition to the writing team? Generations was uneven and I haven't watched her Days stint, but she is familiar with the show and she loves Marla Adams :) Y&R could use a woman's point of view and MAB is there because this show will always need a Bell "in charge". I doupt a woman writes these things..

How about Millie Taggart?

Archived