Y&R: Potpourri Thread

• Members

If the IIC knew that they were going to go this way with Adam and Rafe, how come they haven't been developing a friendship and or longing on screen. It is just so out of the blue.

Clem is the problem. She goes between being quiet and reserved to over the top with pep and it throws the whole mood of a scene off for me. They also have a big problem with a lack of chemistry between her and Billy M. It all comes off as forced, not destiny.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wondered if MAB was the EP Nelson was referring to when he said "Which executive producer recently broke down from all the stress he/she has endured in recent months?" It must be hard manning a stinking ship.

• Members

:lol:

She bit off way too much than she is able to chew. She left daytime for 20 years, and came back to be the show's HW and eventually Co-EP, when she NO training in either of those positions. Her training in daytime is essentially a few scripts she wrote for B&B like 20 years ago. Daytime obviously wasn't her passion and she lacks the necessary training and years of experience to write a truly solid show. She must also lack confidence in her writing ability to have not one, but TWO Co-Head Writers.

I don't know why The Bell's and Sony didn't find a real, and experienced writer to take over this show when the strike ended. Why did they force this amateur to steer this show? Do these people have any common or business sense at all? They really screwed this show over for the past couple of years. I'm sure there are many people who are more qualified for the job that would be glad to take this challenge on, but they would rather keep someone who doesn't have much training, simply because she's married to a Bell.

I fully expect this summer's storylines to flop, not only in fan reaction, but in the ratings. The show is already tying its record lows, I fully expect it to reach new record lows this summer.

• Members

It is out of the blue, and plot driven. without a doubt. but i think love is the motivation for rafe, not sex.

Clem plays Mac who shes written. Maybe if anything was consistent she could play something consistent. Other actors are failing miserably who are known to be great too. Y&R has become like GH in that way. GH, no matter how bad, had the ebst cast ion daytime. Then they started phoning it in. Same is happening at Y&R.

• Members

Yes, just like in the LML era... it took a few more months for the show to crash and burn because the vets were keeping it afloat.... But....

Yes, were is that talent?

The exec producer has to make sure phoning it doesn't happen... but if the actors don't care, what else is there to be done?

• Members

So, I'm wondering what the hell is going on with the Melody Thomas Scott contract drama. It's been over a month now since that news broke, and if she's leaving the show, surely we would have known by now. Also, I doubt they'd be negotiating this contract for over a month.

Maybe getting rid of/bumping to recurring those two talentless "actresses" Eva Marcille and Vail Bloom saved enough money for Melody to stay on?

A few more "actresses" need to be fired too...

Archived