Y&R: Potpourri Thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The only thing I worry about is that if they fire MAB, we'll get someone recycled like Megan McTavish or pretty much any HW from GH, AMC, ATWT, GL, DOOL... I hope there's some good writer out there left.

• Members

It will happen. I don't think Sony and CBS will sit back and watch the highest rated drama tank and lose money. I'm sure they know that MAB sucks and they will kick her to the curb with her whole regime. I bet Rauch will be included in that dismissal too if and when it happens, regardless of whether or not he only takes part in the overall look of the show.

• Members

Maria Arena needs to be smart and accept that she will no longer work in any kind of writing capacity on this show. And perhaps negotiate to be an executive story consultant or supervising producer or something.

• Members

I don't think they will replaced them with a recycle EP and a recycled HW. I think from past experience, they already know that will not work on that show. LML failed and Hogan will/is failing. With it's high production values and long term success, they will put real talented people there.

• Members

I really hope so. Someone that isn't afraid to reach into a new storyline, someone that doesn't want to have their storylines depend on the history storyline, someone that isn't afraid to fire the characters that don't work and the couples that are overdone.

• Members

I know some may want to get rid of MAB, but eh's not going anywhere. The entrie cast LOVES her, and this was told to me by one of the cast members in private email. This same cast member did not say the same for LML. Apparently, she was not liked by the majority of teh cast. The actors didn't bash LML in public interviews, because for political resons, you just don't DO THAT. It's also quite risky, piss off the HW, and they'll kill your character off. But behind the scenes, everyone LOVES MAB, and they are totally in her corner. (As am I, I don't believe in throwing people who have shown talent to the wolves after a few mistakes.)

• Members

I have no respect for actors who talk behind someone else's back. If you're going to talk trash, have the decency to say it face-to-face to the person. No wonder I love Kim Zimmer. I can tell you that NOT every cast member is in love with Princess Maria. Plus, since they are on the show, and in this economy, you actually think they would speak up against her?

• Members

Interestingly enough when Adam called Ashley Victor's "wife" two possibilities came into play. Either it was an overlooked error or there is the chance that it was purposely written this way as to identify with the character's maturity both individually and as a couple? The only thing that I would question is the realism in the display of class these characters are suppose to exude and whether or not I should expect that reference from any of them.

• Members

They definitely need someone that will not rehash so many old plots but someone that knows the history as well as have the intention of paring down this over bloated cast.

Thanks for posting this since many of us have suspected this for a while.

Archived