Y&R: Potpourri Thread

• Members

UGH, and now Sean Kanan is joining this trainwreck? Here's a hint Maria, Hogan, and Scott, even an appearance by Jesus himself won't save this CRAPTACULAR art storyline. Also, in a climate where the cast is HUGE, vets are being asked to take cuts, and a lot of cast members are BACKBURNED, they still find room to hire someone new and write him into a major storyline, and apparently give him a CONTRACT? This mess of a show is unbelievable.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Considering the few people today in the industry that would be qualified to be a head writer for a show like Y&R. I just don't understand why people want to see MAB FIRED. Granted, there are SL's I think are stupid right now (the art SL), the quad is not badly done, it's just OVERDONE. I don't have issues with people not liking these SL's, but what I want to know is why people aren't asking for her to make changes, as opposed to getting rid of her. Would you rather have someone who doens't know the history? Someone who might change the production style to a GL type thing? Be careful what you wish for... be VERY CAREFUL. If SL's like the art SL or the chipmuck thing went on for 2 years, then I'd even understand. But these SL's that some are so outraged about are about 2-4 months old. That length of time and you're ready to throw this woman under the bus? And I also fail to understand why some people think the writing of a show is the only thing that matters, and if it's good, ratings go up... if it's bad, ratings go down. TONS of well written shows languish at the bottom of the ratings, while others that ridiculous and stunt driven are at the top. I know a ton of people want a SL that is NEW, never been done before, not a retread. My totally serious question is: What would that be? I can't come up with anything, short of beastiality, that hasn't been done before. LML TRIED to break some new ground with Lauren's panic attack SL, but everyone HATED it. It must be a thankless job for these women to get boxed in the knockers every time they try something new. And by a whom? A bunch of faceless hacks (myself included) behind computer screens. I have seen NOTHING but complaints about Y&R from the time I've been online (since 1999) so hopefully, TPTB will realize that theyr'e never gonna please everyone, so (Like Rick Nelson wrote) youv'e got to please yourself.

• Members

Yeah, let Deacon and Amber take center stage, while half the cast lingers with no storyline and occasional appearances. <_<

They apparently gave him a CONTRACT too, in these times where more essential actors are asked to take cuts. This is really crappy management.

Deacon won't add anything to this show. He's yet another angry young man that likes to dip his wick in everything he sees. Yawn, and totally something Maria and Hogan go for.

• Members

You mean actors who are continuously backburned, treated like props or given little to no story of their own all love MAB? That makes no sense at all unless the actor you are referring to is speaking of the sctors who get story after story and tons of airtime. Them, I can see loving MAB. Actors who are getting the shaft loving MAB? Not so much.

Archived