Y&R: Episodes Discussion for the week June 22

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They really need to keep Mac and Billy apart, I've never seen two actors as chemistry-less with this "destiny-type" writing as these two. Those scenes at the Crimson Lights today were so flat and forced. It's time Billy and Mac got over their first loves, or just recast Mac with someone who has better chemistry with Billy Miller. I don't think Clem is as bad as some do, and I think she's playing the part as written, but if they intend to go though with this Mac/Billy thing, she's got to go.

• Members

Boy do I love seeing Victor just lost! With Victor's ego, wouldn't he think that his son could be just as ruthless and cunningly intelligent as he is? LOL!

I guess I'll never get my telenovolla moment from Estella. Although from what I hear, when they shot these scenes it was beyond intense with Engen being a KING-douche to everyone.

Definitely looks like Kay is in on everything. She has zero emotion. Jill and Nina are going crazy and she's talking about stolen corpses like Sunday tea. Why does it always have to be that Kay is the culprit?? But it makes sense I guess. it just makes Kay look even more horrible. Perhaps she made up the "switch" and it never really happened?

• Members

I'm totally with you on this one, Cashton. Uncharacteristic though some might think it is, it's highly entertaining to watch Victor not know his ass from his elbow right now.

Plus, Victor won't give a damn about "who the gaslighter is" once he finds out his unborn child is dead. All these hoops Adam is jumping through won't mean SQUAT.

• Members

This version of Mac is as crappy as the other ones. I hate how CF played her today. And the dialogue/plot didn't help either. Mac wouldn't give a damn about dancing. She'd go like, 'i can't dance, so what?'. I know, it's a small detail, but it tells you a lot. I also hate that these characters are trapped in their isolated storylines. Maybe the reason why we cannot see the love between Billy & Mac is that they have no personality beside their highschool memories and their current triangle with Chloe. It would probably be different if we could see Mac interacting with Kay, Jill and Nina about this P3 debacle. And the same goes for Billy. It's his brother we're talking about. The one he never met. If we could see these layers to their personalities maybe we could accept their supposed 'love'.

• Members

Where did you hear it?

I don't think Kay knows anything. But I know what you guys mean. Heck, as far as I am concerned, she didn't look shocked on Phillip's deathbed either! Actually, both she and JW weren't at their best in that scene IMHO.

I love Estella, I hope she'll be around.

• Members

I know what you mean. I used this three day weekend to catch up on Y&R. Now I only have last week to see. But seeing all the YR hate made me wonder what happened that was so bad. And I keep watching and I am still very much entertained.

Sure, I hate the Devon storyline and the art storyline isn't the best (although, as bad as it is, I kinda have no clue where they will take it from here, so I'm KINDA excited about it... It's still pretty bad, because it's full of holes).

But I still love my Y&R. And I just ADORE Engen as Adam and I am so sad that he's leaving. I LOVE MJB! I don't mind all the crazies.

I agree that Ford and Miller have no chem, so as much as I loved Billy and Mac, I would totally be fine if they don't go there.

• Members

Unless Mary Jane and Adam arrange to quietly provide him with Sharon's living unborn child. Then TGVN need never know... (Yes, I'm still channeling this, though I know it will never happen).

ETA: ANTI-BRITTANY HODGES VOTE! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived