Y&R: Episodes Discussion for the week June 22

• Administrator

young-restless-logo.jpg

Episode Discussion for the week June 22

Just putting this thread up a day early this week because I want to try something new. There's so much clutter, nonsense and repetitiveness in those huge threads that actual discussion of the episodes get blocked out. So this a thread for those people who want to discuss the actual on-goings in the episode.

For those who don't want to discuss the episodes and want to discuss other things, you can create a "Y&R: Potpourri" thread if you want. :)

Discuss!

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Woo!! A free-sign-smileys-992.gif movement.

Can I just say the teaser for Monday's episode gave me the chills. What Adam does next has truly gotten me on the edge of my seat. I really wish the baby didn't miscarry so he's grossed me out beyond the prospect of him being an enjoyable longterm villain on the show, but I'm still intrigued by his character.

In fact, maybe it's TPTB's whole new shtick to have irredeemable, gross villains on the show. It worked for that lousy Gloria. If there was a rational way to keep Adam a step ahead of Victor (w/o Victor dumbing down, which, unfortunately, has proven difficult for this writing ensemble recently) they'd perhaps planned on keeping him on indefinitely.

These are different times on soaps. We don't see short-term plot-driven villains have six-month-to-a-year-long presence anymore (Jana, Amber, Jeffrey). They stay on the canvas even after their crime has been committed or even after they've been proven useless in driving story. If Matt Clarke, Tricia Dennison, and Veronica Landers were written today, they'd still be on the show (undoubtedly boring and useless because they'd be redeemed).

Adam is so much more compelling than those lame-ass characters. I don't see why TPTB wouldn't have a long-term goal for him while they do have one for the aforementioned current characters.

• Members

I think they are going to show how Cane wasn't eliminated as the possible father of Chloe's baby. Why not throw in the real Phillips DNA and see what the results are? Reminds me of the story of the football player in Regina who was faking his drug tests with some kind of device that allowed him to pee someone else's pee.

I should quit giving this show my ideas for free. In March I suggested Cane could be a fraud, there never was a baby switch, and that Katherine's memories were implanted through hypnosis and basically the same thing is being touted on the show.

I am so damn sick of Lily and Cane discussing their screwing schedule, although just the two of them is more tolerable then in front of her father. For the sake of her constant victim character, hopefully she will be pregnant when he's exposed as Joe schmo from cocomo and then do the world a favor and die in child birth.

At first I was enjoying the Ashley gas lighting, when I didn't know for sure it was Adam. Now I see them permanently destroying a potential long term asset for the sake of a short term sick fest. How could he not have seen a human like fetus, Ashley should have been about 5 months along?? Since it wasn't there, she is probably carrying around this dead tissue and should be so sick she can't get out of bed.

Although, rather than going the fetus burning route they could write that Ashley has been having an hysterical pregnancy right from the get go. She did have a hysterectomy after-all. Maybe the blood was a result of nothing more than her body wanting to give up on this pregnancy charade but then Adam convinced her that the hysteria could continue.

Mac and Billy are horrible and have no chemistry. Now I dislike her as much as all the previous Mac's. Was there any reason to bring this character back at this present time? There are quite a few characters in her age range that are being paid to sit on contract and do nothing. I got a chuckle skimming last weeks thread because I didn't even realize that Colleen and TS were MIA.

Why is Jill going back to work at the beauty salon? If I was writing she'd be chasing after the Governor, or sneakily pawning off items for the mansion. If anyone noticed them missing, she could act like there can't be any security in that grand central station with the number of criminals that Katherine considers her friends including the town thief Takinstufffromeveryone. Hell, I'd even buy Jill becoming a high class lady of the night rather than picking the toe jam out from strangers toes.

Dumb dumb writing and all around unlikable and despicable characters is making this show unappealing. When will the nightmare end?? In the first few pages of last week it seems that people miss the corporate intrigue, but someone must have made a typo when presenting this to TIIC and called it corpses intrigue.

• Members

If Adam makes permanent changes to the show, then I'll be interested, but so far, he's just caused yet another miscarriage, and while Victor will be upset, he will get over it quickly, as he usually does (Ashley may have a breakdown, but so many of the women on the show now are mentally unstable, viewers may not notice). I can see him eventually killing Rafe or Heather, but they're both meaningless characters, even though Heather shouldn't be. So far Adam's reign of horror seems more like the show trying to get attention than genuine menace.

I don't think Amber or Jeffrey were ever the sort of villains that Matt, Tricia, and Veronica were. Amber and Jeffrey were, at worst, grifters, money-hungry sleaze. The psycho type of villain may still have a short shelf life. As soon as viewers found out how truly evil David Chow was, he was gone. Michael's father was gone as soon as we found out he really had committed the crimes he'd been sent to prison for.

I'll be surprised if they keep Adam around once his crimes are exposed. There doesn't seem to be anywhere left to go for him. I guess it depends on how fans react to the recast, and whether the ratings keep dropping.

• Members

Looks like members from other boards are quitting the show as well and it's really not surprising. Storylines that did work are now falling apart as well and not much is making sense. I don't think that this time we'll get a miracle like last year.

I am interested in where the characters are going, but I'm fearing they will push both Adam and Mary Jane up to a point of no return.

I guess this week is Engen's final.

• Members

Yep, this show went off the deep end so fast and it obviously doesn't learn from its mistakes. This summer is so going to bomb IMO, I only watch at this point because Y&R is one of my shows, not because I like the current state. I might be down to just watching Chancellor family clips alone soon.

:( MAB so doesn't watch this damn show, and what Nelson and a few others are feeding her, she must think this sh!t is actually good, when it's not. I'm hoping TPTB comes to their senses soon and MAB and her two Co-HW's are let go soon.

Seriously, both characters could have been interesting gray characters. But TPTB had to take things too far and make them either outright psychos or borderline psychos. Lazy and stupid writing. :rolleyes:

I'll abide by the episode only discussion rule when Monday hits. :)

• Members

dmarex, I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to see where the characters are going. MJ and Phillip III being tops on my list. I do think the quad has been drawn out too long, and people aren't going to give a crap anymore. I think this Noah going for emncipation has piqued my interest. I think it might take a child to ground those stupid morons that are the quad. And since the gay SL's are coming up, alot of people "leaving" the show are are due to that. But it's all hot air. If people want to watch something else, let them... let them go, and then five years from now, they can sit down to nice heaping helping of Maury Povich, Judge Judy, and Jerry Springer. Eat up. They'll be damn sorry.

• Members

Now you've told us why you really watch. :)

I don't want to compromise: if something sucks, it should be said. Perhaps you won't change what the writers will write, actually you most certainly won't, but oe can only hope.

Forcing yourself to watch to void watching Judge Judy five years from now is...

• Members

Sylph, I don't force myself to watch, I look forward to watching. Like I've said before, as long as there is SOMETHING good ot be had (And right now about half the show sizzles) then I'm good. I look forward to the parts I like, and tolerate the parts I don't. And to be honest with you, if this show didn't have a such a good production style, I'd be alot less forgiving. The acting and production style is what ALWAYS MADE Y&R for me.

Archived