Y&R: Episodes Discussion for the week June 22

• Members

Yeah when you're grieving over your dead son you really pay attention to a lot of details. If it were me, i'd pay attention to the machine and the fact that he he turned and gave a final breath.

Now the machine could have been on a timer, remote, who knows - but it could have been fixed.

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Enough paternity re-writes, plus BM and PB really look like brothers and play well of each-other. This show really needs to have their characters acting like families again, even if they are dysfunctional families.

MTSRocks, good points. I would love it if Katherine delivered Jill the ultimate hurt by allowing her to think her son was dead when he isn't. She has always been a very vicious bitch who will go to any lengths to hurt Jill. Plus unlike Philip, she does have the kind of wealth and contacts to be able to pull off a scam to this magnitude. That then asks the question if it was her doing bringing Cane to town as a replacement son, when she thought Jill was her daughter, to make up for what she had done. There are some real possibilities here for great drama.

Even if Nina and Paul were boring together, I don't really want to see them engaging in weekly love fests. Considering that they never bother to use history through flahsbacks to establish Nikki and Paul, they might as well pair him with Nina. Although, even if they just added her to the Paul/JT detective firm it could be interesting. They could dig and get to the real story of all the re-writes and maybe this show can start over with a clean slate.

• Members

That's true, but I thought one of MAB's big goals was to undo the odd twists viewers felt were too much. If that was what she wanted, she could have always just exposed Cane as a fraud and not brought Phillip back. I don't mind them bringing Phillip back, but I can't praise her for undoing other rewrites when she's rewriting history herself.

• Members

Like I said, I don't know how it works, and I don't recall how much we saw of Phillip in the operating room. But like Cashton said, no attendants in the room, and did you see the machines used? I know it's a reach, but I want to see how it's all explained.

• Members

I don't believe this Billy as Jack's brother, or an Abbott. There's some physical resemblance, but Billy does not care a bit about anyone in his family and I can't see that changing as long as Sheffer is around. At least him being Victor's son would make him more in line with the Newmans, whose personality he resembles more these days, and it might give Jess and Eric some interesting material.

• Members

If Jill was all over him, on his body, and poking him, surely any live person would have a reaction, like Phillip. I don't see how he could have faked a death in that hospital room and had people all over his dead body, and not react to that. That's some divine acting.

Yeah, fixed by a bloddy rewrite. Who times a life support machine anyway? :huh:

• Members

I really hope it wasn't Katherine behind this. However, if not Katherine then maybe Rex was somehow involved too? I'm just speculating y'all.

A lot of viewers thought it was mistake, Bill Bell himself too, to kill off Phillip Chancellor. I think MAB heart is in the right place with this story - in regards to Thom Bierdz, the fans, and the late great William J. Bell. That's why I'm not too critical on her for this.

• Members

Ooooohh Zoe! Now you're on fire too - Kay staging Phillip's death to let Phillip be free from his family and Jill. Then Kay finds out Jill's her daughter which causes irepparable guilt so she tells Phillip to come back - he won't and instead sends in Cane. Cane doesn't know Kay knows...yada yada yada...that could work.

• Members

She was on him for all of two minutes or so. It might be divine acting, but I expect that from Y&R, which is why I can see Phillip pulling it off masterfully. Joking aside, it's not that hard to believe that he was playing dead.

• Members

Now who's re-writing - when was Jill "poking" Phillip!? LOL! And yeah - if I'm staging my death I'll be very still no matter what. And again, depending on who's in the know here it could be an elborate machine that beeps! Again, it's a soap and if it's plausible, it's ok to me.

though I still want them to explain Delia's paternity test..

Archived