Y&R: Episodes Discussion for the week June 22

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Um, it was simply a joke to a post I replied to. Fill up the board? This thread was hardly about any episode discussion and I wasn't the only one contributing to that. Also, not like I'm making various threads on this board about how much I hate the show. I decide what I watch and don't watch, thanks.

When did I say you said that?

I think these weekly threads should be started on Monday's, not on a Saturday or Sunday...

• Members

A joke to you, not really ha ha to me.

This thread did not add 4 pages in 24 hours until you added your opinion about how unsavory the P3 rewrite is. This all should've occurred in the Potpourri thread, IMO. Otherwise, why open it in the first place?

You just want to do whatever you want because you feel like you have a right to post wherever you want. And you do. It's a free board. But it had been decided that the potpourri thread would handle the everything else last week. It would be mature of us to abide by that.

• Members

Well, it wasn't intended to please you though, was it? I wouldn't have used the smilies if I intended for it to be taken seriously.

Yeah because I forced other people to reply to it? Also, it related to a prior discussion in this thread about Katherine and her memouries of giving a baby away. My Phillip III rewrite talk was meant to tie directly into that.

The same could be said for everything and everyone that has replied to this thread. Why reply to a weekly episode thread when episodes for this week haven't aired yet? Tell me, who was actually on topic in this thread? :huh:

• Members

I agree, but i feel odd. Like... im not sure what to post where now. What if its not against the show or the status of the show and doesnt really go into the potpourri thread, but it isnt exactly related to the weeks episodes? lol. oh well.

I like daniel goddard. There, i said it.

• Members

I've definitely seen a spark in Goddard this last week that I haven't seen in ages. I really think that one of the goods to come out of this P3 story (and yeah, I'm sure there will be retconned holes all over the place to balance this out) is that Cane will actually become a real three-dimensional character again - and not a smug, self-righteous symbol of the LML-era disregard for fans and history. I thought his scenes with CK, his scenes with JW, his scenes with TC and JC, all had a depth to them that I never in a million years thought I'd see from him.

If we're so stuck with him because CBS mistakenly believes Lane is the be-all, end-all of romance right now -- then I'd much rather find something to like about him than hate his guts. And right now - even if it all gets blown to hell in the course of a few weeks, I have a tolerance for Goddard I haven't had in... well, maybe this is the first time ever since he came on the show!

His desperation, his frustration - the subtext that at the end of the day, he's just a man who wants a family more than anything (and from the looks of it, can never have it) - I find it incredibly powerful. In a very short amount of time, I'm actually caring about him (although I could give a rat's ass about Lily as his love interest), and watching him play this brand-new dynamic with Nina/Jill/Kay has been really eye-opening. I hope it doesn't lose its steam because right now, I'm seeing relationships and dynamics that are a lot deeper than surface.

• Members

I've never had a big problem with Goddard. Perhaps because he's disposable, whereas many other flaws in the show are not, but I think if they can figure out what to do with him, he'll serve more of a purpose than the other leading men in his age range, who only think with their groins and repeat the same stories over and over and over.

Archived