Y&R: Episodes Discussion for the week June 22

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So, now Victor and Nikki have known Rafe since he was almost a baby. :rolleyes: They're really trying hard to make this retcon work.

PLEASE, end Billy and Mac already! These two actors share NO CHEMISTRY and this story was botched from the start and was being rushed.

Cane and Lily are their usual boring self.

The gaslighting story is boring me, I don't care for it anymore. It could have been so much more interesting. I love how Estella mentioned the box she brought over the other day, and they all conveniently overlook that. And um, Ashley, it you hate it so much at the Ranch and all these things are happening to you there, GO BACK TO THE ABBOTT MANSION! It's dumbing down characters like this that piss me off.

As usual, Cast, Cooper, and Walton are the shining stars of this episode, and of this entire show. The story is ridiculous and stupid, but these women can sell anything.

Oh, and Lisa Connor sucks, I was not impressed with her script and her episodes have generally been clunkers.

• Members

I thought the actress who played Estella did just fine (What's her name?) I think what was wrong with the scene was the blocking and no overlapping dialogue, and like Dee Dee said, too much CALM. I thought Yani did OK.... but he needs to step it up a bit, he needed to show more emotion, or maybe he's supposed to be the more strong, silent type? He's not really had enough to properly judge... I'm sure in a week, we'll be able to see how he does. Of course, as long as he doesn't SUCK.... he can skate by on his looks, and I'm GOOD.

• Members

Anne Betancourt.

I don't know; I'm catching up with the episodes of the previous two weeks and they are not half as bad as I thought they would be. All these comments about how it sucks prepared me for the worst, and it actually ended up being okay (not good, but okay).

• Members

And the thing is, Mike Denney directed today, and usually, that man walks on water. The scenes OTHER than the ranch looked great, and felt classic. Just the ranch living room scene seemed stilted somehow. And the scene from Friday's eppy, where Nikki screams at the baby head falling to the floor... that was missing from today's "replay" of the scene. Maybe Melody really is leaving and she was letting things slide.

• Members

Yeah, the Chancellor stuff flowed quite naturally. Hell, even Billy/Mac reminiscing had a "flow" to it.

I wonder how much of the Newman stuff was off-camera tension. CE wanted out. MTS in negotiation hell. Two fairly new Y&R actors trying to dodge the politics. And EB... just being EB. LOL!

• Members

Damn this paying job. It will be HOURS till I see this.

I think you've all diagnosed this...Engen's final days.

Yup. Yani is weak right now. I mean, his claim to fame is Hillary Duff movies. But he's young and cute, and THAT is the basis for his next part of the story. He needs to be a little clueless and opaque, no?

Well, Rafe's been around forever. He went to Walnut Grove with Mac and Billy and Raul and JT and *ugh*Brittany*ugh*. A scholarship student. I guess his aunt was working for Miguel at the time? Or was she the concierge over Miguel?

You know why this doesn't bother me? Because for YEARS under LML I had to sit around to Nick and Victoria talk bullsh!t as they made up memory after memory after memory. I was "there". None of it happened. Since domestics apparently have always been off-screen at Newman (e.g., Veronica Landers and the staff Victor fired last August), this is a small one for me to bite. Hitherto, we know there are always off-camera domestics, so they can be dragged out at any time.

• Members

SO. BAD.

I really don't understand WHY they do that to him. He has great hair in the non-Y&R pics I've seen. I know theyr'e worried he'll seem too young, but there is a middle ground between Mad Men and Grunge Model.

Archived