Y&R: Episodes Discussion for the week June 22

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Once again, Jess, Tricia and Jeannie are SELLING THIS. They're doing a great job editing together the different pieces of the story (the house, the bar, the morgue) with the scoring.

I admit, I didn't pay much attention to the Lane wedding vows when the wedding happened because I didn't really care. But the flashback today to the wedding was really effective w/Cane.

• Members

Jess's one tear in that first scene kicked the episode off to a great start.

I want to like these Victor/Adam scenes, since it seems as if they're trying to give Vic an ounce of intelligence. But CE's heart doesn't really seem into them. It's like he's just sleep-walking now, in his final week.

LOVE that Nikki and Ashley are finding this unusual bond throughout this. Nikki's role in this story is so important, and whatever happens with MTS, I'm glad she's in the thick of this.

The baby head, to me, should have been played weeks ago. It seems like such a minor incident, especially after the dress incident on Ashley's birthday, and then Adam wearing it. I wish the threats to Ashley had escalated in size and fear, but this just seems like a big "So what" after what happened during the storm. Still, I like Victor and Nikki both looking at Adam as the culprit now.

Ford seems to work better with lots of dialogue. The "long pauses" and "longing looks" are killing her on this show. It seems when she's got more to say, the more comfortable she is.

ETA: LOL! "We both know it was more of an anti-Brittany Hodges vote than a pro-Mac Browning vote" Where's MarkH?! :D

• Members

I'm really looking forward to a Lily/Nina scene, if for no other reason than Nina can give Lily and her yellow-pleather-belt a big ol' smackdown. :D

ETA: The pacing in these scenes at the ranch is really off. The dialogue seems really really stunted. Like "I talk now, and next you talk, and after you talk, this person talks" I would have preferred a much more chaotic, voices-overlapping kind of scene.

• Members

See I'm still the opposite. I'm still loving Engen on a daily basis.

Those scenes with Estella I think were supposed to be a lot more powerful, but the actress playing Estella and the guy playing Rafe are W-E-A-K.

Archived