OLTL: Anyone else think that Cole and Starr need to be severely backburnered?

• Members

It's been wall to wall Cole and Starr for the last 2.5-3 years. It's amazing that I've continued to watch, despite how their really bad Degrassi saga has taken over the show.

Cole needs to stay in jail for the next year and Starr needs to be shipped off to boarding school. Seriously. They got their kid back. Now enough is enough.

BTW, I also wanna say that Starr Manning has become a great disappointment. When she was Jack's age, I figured that by the time she was this age, she'd be a deliciously troubled, off color, sarcastic, witty, hell on wheels bandit who was endessly entertaining (sorta like Darlene Connor on Roseanne)...but puberty actually ruined her character. She instead became a boring, annoying, dippy, stale little ingenue. Blah. Recast and rewrite.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OLTL is its own worse enemy. Of the younger quad, Cole and Starr are played by the weakest actors. Yet they are on constantly. They get decent enough stories, but they suck to high heaven. While Markko and Langston who are played by the most talented actors are afterthoughts and get limited airtime. ABC simply cannot appreciate or utilize talent. Look at how Elizabeth Henderickson and Billy Miller were dumped by AMC and went on to be become the stars of the younger set on Y&R.

• Members

Starr is a disappointment, but the writing for all young women on OLTL is a disappointment. So is the writing for most teen characters.

Starr and Cole are boring but I'd probably take boring over offensive, which usually sums up most of the stories with Stacy and Todd.

• Members

I don't know, I think the problem mostly for me are the actors. I can't help but to think if there were more capable and well-liked actors in the role a majority of us would be saying something totally different about Starr and Cole.

RC likes to rotate different characters around with airtime. One moment Jared, Natalie, Viki, are seen Charlie on multiple days of the week, a few months afterwards (most likely after a sweeps month) they are barely seen. However I have to say, I haven't really seen that occur with Todd, Starr, and Cole.

• Members

Hell freaking yeah!!!! Starr/Cole, Gigi/Rex/Stacy, and Todd/Tea/Blair need to be backburned like crazy. It's way past time to give others like Viki/Charlie, Jared/Natalie, Bo/Nora/Clint and Langston/Markko their very own front burner storyline.

• Members

Yeah... I'm not Cole and Starr's #1 fan, I do like them, but they are on constantly. It's probably because of the whole baby storyline and how they were directly impacted with that. I hate to say this, I know they've been together, they have a child, but...

They definitely need a break. they're on everyone episode.

• Members

Blair has barely had a major role on the show when it's not holding Starr's hand or being tortured by Todd. She was also off for a portion of this year. I think the story she's in needs to be backburnered, but I think there's other stuff for her if they make the effort.

Archived