AMC: Breaking Bad

Toups

• Members

I'm glad you liked it, Toups. For me, these shows highlight what the networks could be doing...and how they're actually hobbled by their BROADcast missions.

These shows are like terrific novels or novel series...just long enough to excite, not so long as to wear out their welcome.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Members

Well, this last episode was jaw dropping for sure. I just can't believe Walt ran those guys over and shot the one at point blank range all to save Jessie. I'm glad he did though. I find the Walt/Jessie relationship mutually redeeming to some extent.

• Administrator

Walt killing those killing those guys was definitely a shocking moment and it made sense, after Mike telling Walt his story of going "half measure" instead of "full measure." So Walt went full measure and now Jesse has too when (if) he killed Gail.

Can't wait for next season!

• 9 months later...
  • Members

BUMPPPPPP!

I discovered this show last year and it's simply amazing.

I'm halfway through S3 and OMFG at the showdown between Hank and the Twins at the Parking Lot.

Cranston and Aaron Paul deserve their Emmys.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Me too. That episode was well worth the wait. As the seasons go by, I like Walt less and Marie more. She seemed like such a busy body when the show started out, but I love the way she is standing by Hank.

Gus was brutal last night. I sort of felt sorry for Vincent. He thought he was going to get Gus's approval for learning Walt's process, but it seems Walt was right and the lab is wired. I'm assuming that Gus didn't just kill him to make his point, but that it was also because people saw his face at the crime seen.

I wish Gale had been in a few more episodes.

Walt's loyalty to Jessie is the only think that's keeping him human to me. Other than that, Walt IS the cancer (I stole that idea from MarkH, but it is so true).

• Administrator

He did. Shot him right in the face. :o I totally fell for the fake out (Gale being alive at the beginning of the episode) thinking Jesse didn't shoot him.

He sure was! I had a feeling he was going to kill that dude but certainly not by cutting his throat! I had to look away from the screen when all that blood spurt out of his neck.

Yup. That's why Mike asked him if anybody saw his face.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator

What a season finale!! Gus has been rocking this season - loved how he took out the cartel. But his time was coming to an end. His death scene was one of the most memorable death scenes I've ever seen. When he walked out adjusting his suit after the explosion but we only see one side of his face, I totally fell for it and was like, "No way! He can't be alive!" Then we see the other half of his face! My jaw dropped. Such an amazing scene. LOL Loved how Walt used Tio Salamanca to kill Gus.

So Walt was the one who poisoned the kid? Wow. With that and him using his neighbor to go into his house, Walt has definitely become one of the best villains on TV.

The last 16 episodes should be great as Hank gets closer to finding out about Walt. I can't wait that huge revelation and Walt downfall, whether that be death or going to prison.

Archived