AMC: Breaking Bad

Toups

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Yay!! Hank finally figures it out - though I wish it would've been more dramatic. I guess they went with humour because Hank finding out about Walt while being on the the toilet was funny. When he walked into the bathroom, I had no idea what was going to happen next let alone him finding out! The montage of the jail killings was awesome and very Gangster movie-esque. Can't wait until next season. The chase will be on! Favorite episode of the first half of the season was definitely the train robbery episode. I was on the edge of my seat. I liked Mike joining Jesse and Walt and was sad to see Walt kill Mike off. Can't wait until the last half of the season. The chase will be on for Hank/Walt and I'm sure they'll be a Walt/Jesse confrontation. Only 8 episodes left. sad.png

• 11 months later...
  • Administrator

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/08/12/breaking-bad-premiere-delivers-5-2-million-viewers-3-6-million-adults-18-49/196919/

Wow!! 5.9 million viewers 3.6 million in adults 18-49. Guess word-of-mouth and positive buzz is really helping with gaining new viewers.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/kateaurthur/breaking-bad-premiere-amc-huge-ratings

Great end to the episode with the Hank/Walt confrontation - ".....tread lightly." I'm surprised that Hank let Walt know he knows about him so quickly. But I guess with only 7 episodes left the show wanted to hit the ground running.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

Last Sunday's episode was one of the best episodes - definitely top 5. So many things happened! First Hanks get executed while Walt pleads for them not to kill Hank. Then when Jesse is found, Walt gives the go ahead for Jack to kill him but Todd convinces them not to. As they're dragging Jesse away, Walt tells him that he let Jane die! Walt Jr is finally clued in about his dad. Skyler finally had enough when Walt tells them that Hank is dead and grabs a knife to defend her family. Walt/Skyler struggle for the knife! Then Walt Jr jumps in to help his mom! He calls 911 but Walt leaves when baby Holly. Skyler chases after them. What a sequence! I was on the edge of my seat. Walt calls Skyler and goes into full Heisenberg mode on her, threatening her, telling her they'll never find Hank's body. In the end, he couldn't take Holly. Walt has lost everything now.

There's only two episodes left. :( But the show is going out with a bang. If the last two episodes are as good as this last half of the season has been, I'm pretty sure the show will go down as and having one of the best last seasons, and being one of the best shows period.

The show set another new record with 6.4 million viewers and 4.1 million in adults 18-49.

• Members

It's interesting that they've given Walt a few redeeming moments here at the end. Trying to buy Hank's life. Giving Skyler a chance to avoid prison with the "Heisenberg" call and giving Holly back. I thought for sure Skyler was going to be accidentally killed in the knife fight as a throw back to Ted's accident. Walt giving up Jessie was pretty unforgivable though.

I believe it. I think the "Netflix effect" is pretty well documented at this point. It's helped a lot of cable shows like BB and SOA.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

I was very happy with the finale too. The Walt/Jesse relationship is one of my all time favourites from any tv show and I'm glad in the end they didn't kill each other, they just couldn't do it. Also, Walt dying in the lab with his "baby blue" was poetic. And he finally achieved his goal of getting all that money to his family - the way that happened was genius, scary, and funny (Badger and Skinny Pete! LOL). The last scene with Jesse was great too as we see him laughing, driving off, finally free from everything.

Can't believe it went from 1.4 million viewers for the episode to 10.3 million for the last episode.....and that's on cable! So happy the show caught on with so many people and it certainly deserved all the positive buzz and recognition and awards.

Major props to Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, and Vince Gillian - the three guys who made this show so good. All five season were great, especially this last half of season 5.

• 5 months later...

Archived