AMC: Thursday, May 14, 2009

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am very happy with AMCs nominations and I don't think that any of them are undeserved (although that may change depending on what was submitted). I swear there are some sites where people seem enraged that AMC got any recognition whatsoever. There was some great acting last year and there was some great writing last year (especially when the writing team returned following the strike through the end of May sweeps, as well as Pratt's first two months or so).

If AMC submitted B&E stuff for writing then Pratt still gets an Emmy if AMC wins, correct? And if they submitted Pratt stuff and they win then B&E also get Emmys?

It would be interesting if they submitted the Jesse & Angie reunion stuff for writing....who would go to accept it? Or were B&E back in the credits by then?

• Members

I love the new Scott, too. He's not the greatest actor but I see improvement each time he's onscreen and I like that he seems like a genuinely good guy instead of another lame antihero.

I think Bobbie Eakes will be a shoo-in for 2009! She didn't have strong enough material in 2008 but this year, she's owned several episodes.

Not reading spoilers, I was totally sucked in by the hospital drama surrounding Ian. I don't condone murder pacts, either, but I get why Kendall & Zach feel the need to go gunning for Adam.

The only part of this murder mystery that doesn't work at all for me is Tad thinking Adam killed Dixie. It feels shoehorned in to give him a motive.

• Members

That's the only weak link I see as well. And it seems like the whole "who really killed Dixie?" thing will be forgotten after the murder and Tad will care less about hunting down Dixie's real killer (I refuse to believe it was Adam) as he returns to being Tad the Cad.

• Members

I'm not sure what Debbie Morgan submitted but if her reel included anything pertaining to Jesse's return it would be no contest. Her performance was absolutely amazing during that whole saga.

• Members

I thought Bobbie was pure gold following Babe's death in the final part of the year. But yes, she is a shoo-in for next year with all the amazing material she's produced these last couple of months (witness stand during custody hearing; truth about Marissa; etc).

This week has been pretty exciting - leading up to the 'big day'. I agree that Zendall's murder pact is sickening - especially the red mark - GAG ME. I will say the scene where David told Zendall that Ian most likely won't make it to morning was heartbreaking and Alicia/Thorsten sold that. Also the final scenes where Ian dies -- they sold that too. I just hate that they seem already more focused on killing Adam rather than reacting to Ian's actual death...they need to let it sink in, mourn, and then get revenge!

Just loving the cast integration this week.

Vincent Irizarry has been outstanding all week. I'm loving the writing for David lately - you really get to see all layers of his character and see where he's coming from and why he's doing what he does.

Scott/Marissa was better than expected for me in yesterday's scene at the Yacht Club. I just hope they aren't boring, but I do see major potential - they were sweet together.

Can't wait for tomorrow!!!

BTW --- I am keeping a dairy for the Nielson's Rating Group --- So my viewing will get COUNTED for this Thursday-next Thursday :) Those bitches gave me $30 to do this too! haha

• Members

I just totally thought about this - but where is Jack??? We haven't seen him in ages - and he should at least be at the hospital for Ian? Seems like they are majorly phasing him out. It just sucks that his screen time is contingent on Erica and her 'romantical' mood. Let him shake it with other characters...

• Members

Some of the performances save the contrived material for me, but that goes away any time Zach or JR or Tad are onscreen.

I guess I shouldn't be amused that Kendall and Zach hightailed it out of the hospital as soon as Ian died, but what a great way to show just how much Ian is a prop to them, not someone they will be there for even when he's no longer there for them. This also seems to suggest just how much AMC overuses the kids in peril schtick; even the parents of these constantly endangered children can barely be bothered now.

• Members

Everything felt forced. Especially that ending. Krystal, out of nowhere, becomes homicidal?

Zendall seemed all too ready to kill the minute Ian flatlined. That was the worst for me. It was almost as if they were WAITING for their son to die so they can commit murder. No grief, no tears, no anything. Just "beeeeeeeeeeeeep!" and then Zach and Kendall hop into action. :rolleyes: Add to that Rebecca Taylor's trademark of having characters say the same thing sixteen different ways in the course of only two scenes... :rolleyes: How many times did we need to hear "If Ian dies, Adam's dead," or "If Ian dies, you know what to do," or "I will kill Adam if Ian dies?" We get it! You're a murder happy couple! Talk about something else, please!

David giving up so easily on Marissa? Yeah, right.

JR drinking again just because Adam played another predictable mind game with him? If JR's sobriety is that unstable that Daddy not showing approval this hour is enough to knock him back off the wagon, he deserves to lose Little Adam.

Just so many things were crammed into this episode that I swore I was watching a stand-alone episode and someone would wake up as if this were all a dream.

Archived