Y&R: Returning character spoiler

• Members

From TV Guide:

Last seen in 2004, Raul supposedly went away to college, but when he unexpectedly pops back into town in the May 23rd cliffhanger, he pulls Mac into a sizzling kiss. We later learn the two had an affair while doing aid work in Darfur. The news shatters Billy, who's in love with Mac, but it gets worse for the poor dude: On May 25, Raul will pop the question

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How can they have let so much of this relationship be offcamera? I don't count their first relationship because Mac had no feelings for him at that time.

This seems like bringing history up for no reason other than bringing history up. They could have introduced a man we'd never seen, and claimed Mac had feelings for him.

I'm looking forward to seeing Raul and Mac sizzle for the first time...ever.

• Members

Exactly. Seems like a plausible surprise to me. Raul would also go to Darfur...I can see that.

I wonder if Raul's stay is short-term or not?

I do wish these mags would stop with these detailed spoilers. But I guess this is the show's fault.

• Members

Yeah, if only they ever gave us any indication that Mac found love while away or she was happy while she way away. But no, this just comes out of nowhere. I'm sorry, but if they're going to hint at it a few days before Raul "surprisingly" returns, it's going to seem even more convoluted.

Again, horrible pacing, romance not for the sake of romance but to act as a plot point, and just bad storytelling.

• Members

You see, I don't mind it as an idea: They were always close, there were always feelings, and they finally connected and started having a relationship. But why does he have to come back and be instantly thrown into engagement/marriage? If we have to have them together, at least give us some time to meet them as a couple, get to know them (i.e. a few months) and then go ahead with a proposal. As it stands now, why would I care? They could even write it as them just having feelings for one another, maybe kissing once or twice. But Raul comes back for her, because he doesn't want the opportunity of a relationship to be wasted. But, now, we've been cheated out of the whole relationship. Plot!

Archived