Y&R: Returning character spoiler

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think she would.

I think it would have been interesting if Raul had come back to town, without any contact over the past few years, and they talked about old times. That could have established her more as Mac, made Billy jealous, without all the extra stuff which happened offcamera.

• Members

Amen amen amen amen amen amen amen amen.........

I worship again at the temple of JP. Forgiving him for loving the one character I can't stand, and hating the one family I love :). He's 90% right!

• Members

You're right! I did it without even realizing it....

....But, when it sounds bad on paper, what are the chances it'll be good on screen? I so hope I am wrong and the show doesn't take the direction it seems to be taking......

• Members

You'd be surprised. There have been SO MANY TIMES that I read a spoiler and thought... "Aw HELL NAW!!! And then, when it played out, it turned out to be great. Sometimes something will be lame on paper, and the sheer skill of the actor will turn turds into gold. Other times, the concept sounds stupid, but the execution is what is fun and delicious.

• Members

there is nothing wrong with looking at a spoiler and being all hell no, this is gonna suck.

but oi have found often, recently more so than in the past, people read the spoiler and judge the story and write it off instead of reading the spoiler, maybe not being thrilled, and then not even giving it a chance. its much harder to like soemthing when you go in mkaing yourself believe you are going to hate it.

thats not directed at you or any one person, i hope yall know that, just a general thing i have noticed.

i do think Raul is a plot point. However its a plot point that advances the billy/mac story and adds some more info on mac's time away.

plot points suck, but im sorry, they are a must. plot points are not new. go back and watch the golden era of the 70's. plot points were there too. as long as soaps use plot points correctly and get everything they need out of them i see nothing wrong with it.

Archived