April 27 - May 1, 2009

Toups

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree with that. OLTL can easily correct it's shortcomings in a prompt manner. The same cannot be said for AMC, ATWT and GH. While I believe those three have the abilities to pick themselves up and dust themselves off, it's going to take some time.

I am glad that AMC and Days are up from last year. Disappointed, however, they are the only two soaps up from last year. A lot of work still needs to be done over at AMC. Never watched Days so can't comment.

• Members

I'm very sad with the OLTL ratings because Frons will blame characters like Bo and Nora, not his pets.

I'm glad GL went up, slightly. I hope this might improve the chances of some of their characters going to another network.

• Members

Pratt was getting some very nice ratings in February and March (he was basically on 2.7 million viewers all of March, great numbers that made me curse a little, lol), but April has been a bust. I wasn't expecting it because he hasn't more than two weeks in a row of anything less than 2.6 million viewers (happened twice) since pre-tornado. I thought he had some great dumb luck. 4 weeks of a downward trend - two weeks with 2.5 million and a 1.1 demo is a downward trend, but two weeks of 2.4 million and 1.1 is even more of one. Maybe things will turn with the murder mystery.

OLTL, consistent...on the low side.

GH, it's middle of pack. It can be 7th one week and 4th the next but they've weakened substantially on that 18-49 demo with the hold on 3rd, and then on 4th place in HH and Total Viewers having slipped away in the past several months.

DAYS, successful, for some unknown reason. Since December, successful. I don't get it BUT I also don't watch. Y&R is doing great as well. Twice as many viewers as most of the soaps. A good few plus weeks in there with the negative ones. Nobody is putting up much of a challenge in 18-49 at all, not even this healthy DAYS. Y&R is also bringing B&B up (in 18-49) which is good for CBS. Up in that it's jockeying with the ABC soaps and actually winning recently.

Not particularly. GL acheived that by OLTL and AMC sinking more so than by using it's own legs. But GL rarely beats any soap for 8th and beating two is something to crow about.

• Members

I do not think that any of the soaps can improve substantially. Look Y&R which is the best soap. Its demos and overall ratings yo yo and it cannot hold on to any its gains for more than a week or two. All the soaps' demos are trending downwards. The only question is if they can do so slowly rather than plunge into the abyss.

• Members

I don't know what happened everywhere else but Thursday and Friday of last week AMC, OLTL and GH didn't even come on here. We got weather reports all afternoon due to storms.

Friday was also the day that my friend in teh Huntsville area of Alabama said they didn't get GH or OLTL either.

• Members

I'm surprised to see such a hefty gain for GL in total viewers.

I've got mixed feelings for OLTL. I feel as if the show deserves this, but while it's not all that hot right now, I can find a few things that I like about the show.

• Members

Women 18-49 Viewers

DAYS 873,000 (-27,000/+5,000)

ATWT 581,000 (-18,000/-211,000)

B&B 741,000 (-40,000/-169,000)

GL 523,000 (+33,000/-163,000)

Y&R 1,074,000 (-43,000/-107,000)

AMC 718,000 (-2,000/+10,000)

GH 798,000 (+37,000/-188,000)

OLTL 710,000 (+39,000/-168,000)

Wow - GL #4 in women 18-49!!

Wait a minute...

Oh well, it was nice to see it in fourth, even if it's not true. :lol:

• Members

Good to see Days & AMC still up from last year. They have really been consistent this year.

Y&R is still closing the gap on how much it is down. That is good.

But ATWT and B&B are doing nothing to close their gaps. They both seemed to always be more than 400,000 down from last year.

All the talk is always on ABC and when is Frons going to wake up.

When is CBS going to wake up and do something about B&B and ATWT.

They have worked to make Y&R better and move it in the right direction while B&B and ATWT just keep sliding further and further and no changes are being made at all.

And the laughing at how far Carlivati has fallen. At least for me OLTL is watchable. ATWT is sickening. And I love ATWT and maybe I judge it harsher due to that, but I can't even watch the sickening mess at all.

And at least Frons did try to get a new writer for OLTL and they have tried to make changes. ATWT has been the same for years now with no hope of change at all.

Archived