GL: May Discussion

• Members

It's been forever since I've been on this board, but aren't you the same person who swore GL was not going to go there?

It's nice to see this story play out as it is - slow and real. Like someone else said, it's a love story and it's between 2 women. Whether they're gay or straight in the end, I don't care. I just care about the way they are doing it - with respect for the characters and the viewing audiance. AMC touted their lesbian love story from here until Sunday, practically shoving it down our throats and look what it got them? One of the most hated story lines of all time; destroying more than one character.

Kudos to GL for not going that route and giving us a same-sex couple we can route for.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think you're being deliberately obtuse. Nowhere was it said that those terms weren't supposed to be used, just that P&G/GL was promoting the storyline as one without labels. Labels or not, these are two women who have fallen in love with each other, so; therefore, I believe the words SAME SEX probably apply.

What you don't seem to either see or want to accept is that these are two women, both later in life, who have discovered feelings for another person of the same sex, and have no idea how to act, with each other or out in public. They're still dealing with how they feel for each other and trying to come to terms with that, dealing with nosy people is just another stumbling block on the way to the end game, which, I believe from everything I've heard, from P&G/GL, Crystal Chappell, Jessica Leccia and the soap press, is OTALIA.

You're watching a daytime serial storyline with a reality show mind. Not everything has to be done in a 50-minute window.

And I imagine Jessica will take maternity leave after she has the baby. (she's also stated on several occasions that she plans on returning as soon as possible, so don't pin your hopes on maternity leave being the end of the story)

• Members

WOW I feel like I'm being stalked and attacked all at the same time--I guess I'm not part of the positive team. Bait not taken, I guess comments of a different nature aren't welcome. Sorry to disrupt the thread, thought it was a discussion thread.

I rewatched the James scene on my phone (I do love Verizon Videos) and these were the first scenes since he was on that worked for me. I like this a whole lot better than whatever they are trying with Daisy.

• Members

Hope we hear soon if GL will have a new home - Edmund is the closest thing we have to Roger - lost the times he was killed off and kept coming back from the dead - so who can say what will happen - let's cross our finger for both GL and Eddie.

GL HOTLINE: 866 - 695 - 1859

email: [email protected]

:o

• Members

I agree, there's no need to put a label on this story, it's a love story. Having said that, and reading spoilers, I'm afraid this story is going to start losing steam in the next few weeks which is the last thing the show needs (since it's probably the most well written story on the show currently).

• Members

I like Edmund/DAM as much as the next guy, but comparison to Roger Thorpe is stretching it a little.

I'm not crossing my fingers that this "Guiding Light" will find a new home. Honestly, I'm very perplexed as to WHY anyone would want to "save" it in it's current form. EW/JLH and the 4 "headwriters" have had ONE good story (arguably) in Otalia. What else have they done? Nothing. There's nothing left to save. Nearly 10 years of progressively worse "leaders" have left the show a hull. An exoskeleton of the ilk the locusts leave on fences every year.

Why this sudden need to SAVE something that has long since died a slow and very painful death? I don't get it.

• Members

I have problems with GL - however I think GL is better then some of the other soaps that are staying on and they have some and I want to know what is going to happen to some of the characters - would like to see jeff leave before the show goes off or moves to new home and I want Edmund's reaction when he finds out about his grandson - don't think he going to like his grandkid is named Henry - do not want to see Cops M & M keep baby Winslow-Lewis and want more of Liv/Nat.

B)

• Members

Today I went through the last 3-4 episodes. I'm not very interested in James or the latest Spaulding conflicts, but I did enjoy Bill pushing for Ashlee to be hired as wedding planner because she shot Alan a few years ago. I'm not that into Natalia being the whipping girl, I think it's boring to see her make pouty faces, but I'm glad they haven't made Frank into the bad guy.

Nice to see the Boudreaux family a few days last week. This Clayton was the second Clayton, wasn't he, the one who took over for Richard Biggs? He kept looking to the side like he was trying to find his cue card. I miss seeing more of Mel, I would have liked to have seen this date she went on.

The black characters still aren't very strong, but they're better integrated than I've seen on GL since something like 1995. I especially liked the interaction between Christina and Marina and Buzz; this is the most I've liked Marina in a long time, I'm sorry this probably won't last once Mallet returns and the baby secret is revealed. The scenes were horribly labored but I also liked seeing Christina's grandmother, and the rivalry with Buzz.

• Members

You know what I just realized this week?? I don't like the fact TIIC named Christina "Christina". That's Blake's given name. Yes, nitpicky I know...but still.

There is nothing interesting about Dinah and Shayne.

Question: did I skip the eppy where Eddie came back to town? Or did TIIC really just pop his dead body into a river one day and decide to make a mystery out of it? (I felt really bad for DAM, that river must have been danged cold, lying face-down in it to boot.)

Archived