April 20-24, 2009

Toups

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Mark, I don't think that it is realistic to start from scratch with the ABC soaps, but letting the inmates run the asylum is not the answer either. I have said it before and will say it again, all each of these soaps need is an empowered talented co-headwriter/consultant. Sri Rao could reign in Guza and Phelps and stop them push them further away from the mob.

Adding Hogan Sheffer saved Y&R from MAB's boring stories and ridiculous indulgences like Sabrina and Victor boring us to tears as they wandered through the museum of MAB's pet artist. It is conveniently forgotten by the posters here who continually praise MAB, but Y&R was hurdling into the abyss before Sheffer became co-headwriter. This team approach would do the ABC soaps a world of good.

• Members

What ABC Daytime needs to do is bring in Wisner Washam and Lorraine Broderick for AMC. Then find a fresh group of young aspiring writer's who have a passion for writing stories about social issues and family and friendship. As Washam and Broderick head write for AMC, their new writing team will learn from them. When the time comes, the reigns will be handed over and the whole cycle will start over again with fresh blood coming in and learning from the current regime.

The same should apply to OLTL and GH. For OLTL, find writer's like Nancy Curlee and her husband Stephen Demorest. They are intelligent enough to reach into OLTL history and make magical things happen.

GH should have a new EP like Wendy Riche who I'm sure is able to find someone like a present day Claire Labine.

This boys club and daytime nepotism needs to end. It is the kiss of death to the genre.

• Members

And again I am not saying Frons doens't push certain things but he doesn't write the show. Guza and Pratt wrote these stories. And I'm not saying I love Frons. He needs to go to. His comments about Genie Francus alson with the others you stated are horrid. But I think letting Guza do his own thing which IMO he's already doing is not the answer. I just think Guza and Frons along with Frons and Pratt share the same vision.

• Members

Most of the soap blogs, soap magazines and fanbases are really getting on my nerves these days. Branco, DC, fanbases, etc. are not doing the soaps any favors pushing their narrow ridiculous agendas. This is why I like Serial Drama. I find Mallory and Becca's snarky criticism far more honest and helpful to the genre as a whole. There are so many things wrong with the ABC soap that focusing on two couples (Jason/Liz and Spinelli/Maxie) is craziness. If anything these blogs should be giving GH some positive feedback for moving away from the mob and not bashing them because these fanbases cannot get their way.

• Members

I don't think Guza is responsible for what Kelly Monaco wear on the show. That wardrobe job and I think Kelly herself have imput on what she wear. That only because I've seen her wear the same clothes or similar off the show that she wear on the show.

• Members

I was specifically referring to the numerous gratuitous scenes of Kelly in her underwear and bikini that occur on GH unlike when she was on Port Charles. It is beyond unnecessary and is definitely Guza.

• Members

I am with you on all the bloggers. All they talk about are pairings they want and love to be honest. I never see any constructive feedback about story telling or writing and that now includes the serial drama gals. They were and are just as infatuated with Jason/Liz and especially Patrick/Robin. I tire of hearing them fanwank over the same stuff all the time. The PPD story is an example. I thought the story was uneven and heavy handed but not bad but I thought the performances by Kimberly McCullough and Jason Thompson were subpar and I normally like them both. But I never did nor will I ever hear a word from them on that and I know a lot of my offline friends who watch who like Patrick and Robin hated her especially in the story and rather than feel compassion felt she was a total beyotch. But none of these bloggers have the guts to go against the online fanbase community for fear of losing support.

I say give GH some free reign with the people currently in charge for 6 months. If there motto now is to "stay the course" meaning they won't let fangurls and thier agendas alter their storytelling, I want to see where they are in 6 months. I dont think the show is perfect and good but there have been improvements and I say let their plan play out and see where things are at. Can it be worse than the last 2 years?

• Members

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That just made me think of those old P&G viewer feedback lines that GL and ATWT had during the late 90s, around 97-98.

They used to go:

"Tell us what you think. Call our viewer feedback line." Anyone else remember those? I think all the soaps should have that and listen to what the fans say.

Archived