GL Actor Returning

• Members

I'm surprised nobody's jumped on the latest GL casting news, via Soapoperadigest.com, that Paul Anthony Stewart is returning as Danny Santos. Yet, there's still a new Michelle to be cast instead of bringing back Nancy St. Alban (oh darn, no big loss!)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No kidding! What's next? Jonathan? UnDeadTammy? Colonel Dax?! WTF?!

Well there goes the whole "let it die with a little dignity" pipedream. The mob garbage and the incessant Manny roller-coaster was one of the things that dragged GL so far down the drain for years!

So is Danny coming home to reestablish the Santos family's hold on all the organized criminal activity in that hotbed of sin, Peapack? Can you just see the Santoses taking control of the lucrative market in importing feed for the pond ducks? Or maybe the cotton balls for the nail salon? Or they could shakedown the owner of the convenience stores that sells only P&G products for protection money? :rolleyes:

Granted St. Alban was horrible and I rather liked Bonner as Talia but standing next to PAS, Michelle(if that's who she's playing) is gonna look like a freaking drag queen!

• Members

So am I the only one who liked PAS?

I wouldn't say I liked Danny, I definitely didn't like the mob stories he was involved in, but I liked PAS' work and he made me care far more about Danny than I should have. I never saw him as the same type of thug like Jason and Sonny, he always seemed more thoughtful to me, most of the time. It was actually a strange time for me when awful NSA took over because I regularly rooted for Danny, who was a mobster, over Michelle, who was supposed to be a legacy character. I liked Danny much better when they tried to pair him with Cassie. I wish that story had gone through.

If Danny is out of the mob for good, then I might not mind seeing him again, although it's going to be an odd fit, because the show has changed a lot since 2004, and they have no real ties to anyone, aside from Rick and Bill.

Does anyone else think we may be getting a Joe Novak ending a la RH? Danny returns long enough to be killed, and then grieving widow Michelle/Siobhan moves back to Riverside/Springfield?

• Members

I liked PAS too, not all his storylines, but at this point I'm glad to see him return in hopes that if Michelle and Danny both come back that it may actually open up a door for Ed Bauer to return... my memory may be bad, but I thought when they left the show the characters were going to be with Ed, right?

• Members

As I posted in another thread, I am happy about this. The Santoses are a part of the story of Guiding Light and should be represented as its run on CBS ends.

RoseVioletDaisy, I think it's a no-brainer that they need to try to get Jonathan and Sarah back too for closure for the end of the CBS run. Phillip meets his granddaughter, Jonathan is there for Reva again as she battles cancer, etc. Why would that be something not to want?

Archived