AMC: NuLiza

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If she lightened her hair, it would be better. Marian, Liza and Colby... all originated as blondes.

It's funny. We went from everyone on this show except Erica, Amanda and Kendall being blonde to Annie darkening her hair... Krystal... Bring back Angie... Introduce Randi... kill off Babe... bring in Reese... Now even Liza's dark.

Is Colby the only contract blonde on the show now?

• Members

I like her, but agree she'd have been a better Skye. I also noticed the MW-like husk in her voice. Screw recasting altogether, she's strong enough to have been an original character. I just know that for months I'll have to keep remindimg myslef that this is Liza, this is Liza talking, this is that same blonde Liza, and so on.

• Members

My reaction literally played out like this:

Faulkner: Taylor?

Me: Taylor? :mellow::huh::blink::o OH, MY GOD! Taylor!! :o

Anyway, I agree about the sex kitten thing.

My trouble with comparing LunarLiza to WalkerLiza is that Liza Colby had been sooooooo watered down by the 'the writer'/Nixon & Passanante/Culliton/'the writer' regimes is that it's really difficult to say anything -- at least with me -- about whether I see Lunar as Liza. She became so Martinized and tried on numerous times to "change" and "emasculate" Adam, so worried about living up to Jake and Tad's expectations, that she lost whatever fire that she had under Broderick's writing back in the mid 1990s. That is the Liza I'm using as the standard. Not the Mommy Liza who spends all her time crying, begging Adam to change and always sniffing around the Martin boys seeking their approval about HER DAMN LIFE!

• Members

I wonder if ABC has received any complaints from long-time fans about NuLiza. I know ABC doesn't care about what fans think anymore, but just out of curiosity, does anything thing ABC would recast the role with a blonde, if fans aren't responding well to Luner?

Archived