AMC: NuLiza

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess I'd go with undecided I suppose. I am liking the presence Jamie Luner is having.... however I just don't quite see her as Liza. Its only been two days though..... a little early to formulate a true opinion. Lets see how she makes out with the big boys (Canary, Knight, Irizarry, Williams and Morgan)

• Members

I noticed the way she talked, for sure. She claims to not have watched any Marcy Walker tapes..... but the tone of her voice, it seemed to be channeling Marcy in a HUGE way. As much as people were up in arms over the whole age thing.... I didn't think it was glaringly obvious. She looked considerably older than Jake (even though Jamie is 3 years younger than Ricky). Jamie has a very mature look to her.... other than being friends with Pratt, I am sure that was part of the reason she landed the role.

Liza in reality is only about 5 or 6 years older than Jamie Luner. That whole teen set from the early 80's was born in the mid 60's.

Jesse's "tombstone" listed his birth year as 1964.

• Members

I noticed the voice as well. The black clothing is another key point there. I kinda like her so far, but it depends on her chemistry with Adam and Tad and the others.

The only thing I'm not fully sold on is her overall look. I just expect her to look a tad bit older. Maybe it's because when I hear her voice, I think of Marcy a little.

• Members

Nothing about her reminds me of Liza. That her entrance into town was having her panties pulled down by a man she barely knows tells me we're not supposed to care about Liza's history or personality, so I'm trying not to care, and I'm trying to just see her as Jamie Luner.

Seeing her only as Jamie Luniza, I think she's decent. I would like her more if they kept her away from the thug Zach and focused on her personality, not her status as someone's piece.

• Members

I do definitely wonder how far they will take the Liza/Zach thing.... I almost want it to progress just to see Liza take the shrew down a few notches. The look on Kendall's face today when Zach told her there was lipstick on his neck from the woman he just had sex with.... was PRICELESS :lol:

Kendall vs. Luner's Liza..... NO CONTEST

• Members

I didnt notice anythign in her voice. Thats how Jamie talks. Go watch her as Lexie on Melrose Place. Thats who I saw here

I dont think she ever did. She was there to help the girls start it up bc her sister Mia was invested in it, but I dont think she owned a part of it

• Members

Ok - I didn't say anything in the AMC daily thread bc I thought I was just crazy and trying to hear Marcy in Jamie's voice - but I TOTALLY thought the same thing about the voice. I was watching and then thought "wait, does she sound like Marcy a bit?". So I turned my head and listened to voice only and I thought "wow, this sounds a bit like Liza!". Its too bad she doesn't really look like Liza.

But I'm really enjoying Jamie Luner and think she's a great addition. I can't wait to see her up against Adam, Tad, David, Angie, Jesse, Krystal....this could be great.

Archived