Hits and Misses 2000

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GENERAL HOSPITAL

It all starts with the word,and loke chloe's precarious eyesight,GH suffered from blurred vision im 2000.

Whispers of backstage discord were confirmed onscreen.There were some sonny days,but manty characters and storylines failed to live up to potential-especially for a show that triumphed with the Daytime Emmy for Outsatanding drama series,its fourth in five years.

The show lost pivotal chracters Jason and Jax when Steve Burton and Ingo Rademacher chose to leave,but the addition of Chad Brannon(Zander)has proven fortuitous,as is Colton Scott finally convincing us that his Nikolas isn't the emperor-make that prince-with no clothes.

also on the plus side;Taggart's family seems worth keeping an eye on,as does Laura's new career(and business partner) and the umpteenth revival of Luke vs the Cassidines.And-thankfully-after a wobbly start,GH seems to have gotten Lucky.

HITS

Storyline-Sonny and Carly

Couple-Ned and Alexis

Breakout Performance-Amber Tamblyn

Most Shocking Twist-Scott represents Luke

Newcomer-Chad Brannon

MISS

Couple-Emily and Juan

Storyline-Lucky's return from the"dead"

Wake Us When It's Over-Chloe's dreams

Grin and Barrett-Brenda's return

Laid An Egg-Monica's late in life pregnancy

OTHER

Sophie's Choice Award-Felicia having to confess her affair with Luke

Show Me The Story-Roy

Oh,Dad,Poor Dad,Mama's Hung Me IN The Closet and I'm Feeling So Sad-Stefan and Helena

• Members

One Life To Live

Shaken,not stirred,best describes the action on OLTL in 2000 as cataclysmic events thre lives into dramatic disarray.1999's Most Improved Show lost steam as major storylines derailed-among them"Nora's death" and "teens on the run"-although the train wreck was a technical masterpiece.

Romance was OLTL's strong suit,as Ben and Viki reunited and wed in a glorious ceremony,and Kevin and Kelly's secret love was exposed,giving Don Jeffcoat some of his best material to date.Sam was finally and unequivocally revealed to be Matthew's father,and Max revealed that Ben is Asa and Renee's son.(Too bad wandering Rae seemed lost for too long in her quest to find her child.

There was passion aplenty too:Roseanne and Antonio gave in to their desires,and Jessica and Christian,as well as John and Rae,made love for the first time.

HITS

Storyline-Train Crash

Couple-Ben and Viki

Newcomer-Darlene Vogel

Breakout Performance-Charissa Chamorro

Most Shocking Twist-Ben is Asa's son

Snip and Dip-Skye and Blair

Triangle-Blair/Max/Skye

Social Issue-Viki's breast cancer

Sexiest Couple-Roseanne and Antonio

Back Where He Belongs-Roger Howarth

MISS

Storyline-Nora's capture and amnesia

Couple-Joey and Kelly

Biggest waste of Talent-Patricia Elliott

• Members

Here's what SOW had to say re Erica&David:

Erica and David were the hottest couple in Pine Valley,and they could still be.David brought out Erica's hitherto-unseen insecurity,while Erica drove him wild with lust,rage and,yes,for the first time in his angry life,love.

Our only hope is that ,after this Libidizone frenzy is over,they'll realize that the reason they feel light headed around each other has more to do with truly loving each other and less to do with being drugged.

• Members

BOLD & BEAUTIFUL

B&B moved at breakneck speed this year,beginning with a gorgeous Italian remote that not only looked pretty,but moved major story.

Other high points included:the back to back deaths of two beloved heroines(Becky and Macy),a shocking pregnancy(Morgan)that threatens to destroy Ridge and Taylor's marriage,and a bitter custody battle that gets more complex by the day.

And Sean Kanan's Deacon Sharpe is one lof the nastiest soap villians to come down th pike in quite a while.

Earlier this year Brad Bell vowed to speed things up and make things completely unpredictable.He's done so-to the pont where no character is safe and just about anything can-and does-happen.Who will he kill off next?

HITS

Storyline-Brooke and Thorne's affair.

Couple-Brooke and Thorne

Newcomer-Jennifer Finnegan

Most shocking Twist-Macy's death

Farewell performance-Marissa Tait(Becky)

Breakout Performance-Mick Cain(CJ)

Location Shoot-Venice

Fashion Show Moment-Bridget pulls the curtain on smoochers Kimberly and Thorne

MISS

Storyline-Morgan's pregnancy

Dumbest Husband-Ridge

Couple-CJ and Amber

Overused Plot device-Kimberly convinces Thorne they slept together

Welcome to the Dark side-Kimberly

Cruelest Dysfunctional Family Trick-The Forresters convince Thorne into thinking Brooke is still in love with Ridge

• Members

Oh, that's awesome. I think this might be the one issue I don't have. I actually remember the rumor that AMC had plans to reunite and marry David and Erica after the Bianca reveal, but Cady threw her weight around and we all know how that ended up.

• Members

Yeah, as great as the coming out storyline was..... 1999-2001 overall was not a whole hell of alot better than Megan's disastrous 2nd run. I know some disagree, but I really really enjoyed Richard Culiton when he came in.... especially in the beginning. Things got off the rails big time towards the end.... but I thought he at least half cared about the vets and the history of the show. I really sometimes think if Frons had let him do what he wanted to... things could have been alot better. I guess part of me will always tresure Culiton because he was the last HW on AMC who gave a damn about Brooke and Julia Barr.

Archived