OLTL: Discussion for the week March 16

• Members

Agreed on all counts! :) I think I'm gonna cry my eyes out tomorrow with Cole and Matthew. I think Christian and Layla were all sorts of mad hot today, but the sibling sharing is gross, I agree. As long as it doesn't end up where Evangeline wakes up JUST as Christian and Layla are together. <_<

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I must be the craziest person on Earth, because I like John Brotherton, Mark Lawson and Farah Fath. Jared/Natalie doesn't have a fanbase for nothing.

I quite like most of the leukemia/WTD story so far; my issue is Stacy's ridiculous ultimatum to Gigi. I have seen that story many times and I have no interest in sitting through it again.

• Members

Wouldn't you just die if Rex's dad was Hank or R.J.? I'm enjoying the OLTL ride these past few days I must say, the Rex paternity mystery has me on the edge of my seat just like the good ol' days.

The Balsom leukemia saga is sad but poorly played by all involved. As for Matthew, call me crazy but Eddie "watching paint dry" Alderson is doing a pretty good job. His usual less is less is slowly morphing into less is more. The simplicity is working for him, just needs to keep those underpinnings sharp.

• Members

That's what I'm saying, he's growing into a very capable performer, Matthew's always been boring as crap.

I thought she was gonna slap Cris, was surprised she didn't. Cris, Layla, and Vange can all hit the road as far as I'm concerned. I see Tika's Ambi commercials more than I see Layla.

• Members

I like Cristian and Layla, actually. I like that they are addressing his huge dick move re: Vanessa, because that did destroy his milquetoast but decent character. These two have always had chemistry - more than he had with her saintly sister - and they make a reasonably entertaining third-tier couple to me, as long as they only have minor stories.

Also, I am pleased to hear

but please let's not de-fang her. She needs to retain what Cenk Uygur of The Young Turks refers to as "The Crraazzy."

• Members

I don't think Brotherton was brought in to be a new superstar. He was brought in to provide heavy drama for the Buchanans and to give Natalie a boyfriend, and to help extend the interminable David heir story during Tuc's many absences. If he was brought in to be a superstar, he'd be shoved on the frontburner 24/7, like Gigi, and he probably wouldn't be with Natalie, since I don't think Frons cares about her. I think John's done a good job with what he's given.

As for Farah Fath, I think she showed her defects in playing drama during the time Rex was shot and Shane found out he was Rex's son. She was atrocious, and she made Gigi look like a vapid twit and a bad mother, not a heroine. I think she's been better in this story, although she has a long way to go. Being paired with a bad actor like JPL doesn't help. Why they decided to make him one of the starts of the show, while taking away the one relationship he had which worked (his bond with Natalie), I don't get. I'm sick of his dependency on Bo and how they let us know David is nothing in Bo's eyes compared to Rex.

Tea speaks the truth to Todd: Blair needs you like a hole in the head.

• Members

So glad to see Viki back, but where the heck are they hiding Charlie? Charlie should be in this Shane stuff since they were friends in Texas.

My complaint though about Viki is this, all she is ever allowed to do is stand around and play middlewoman. Can't Viki get a story going here?

I like Brotherton, I just wish they had done more with Jared and Charlie. Maybe they need more family?

I like Fath when she is in scenes with ES or BK or RS but with JPL I just don't get it, and her drama is to die for, not in a good sense, but it makes me cringe.

I also have a huge complaint against this show constantly featuring all the major stories around the teen set. Shane, Matthew, Cole, Starr, etc. etc. Balance the show darnit! Center a story on Viki again, ES needs that, the audience needs that, and since the show is insisting on being so dark, why didn't they use Viki and Charlie as a bright sunshine relief?

Always love Viki and Dorian, but Dorian needs to back off on always attacking Viki.

I can't stand Marty, can we please get rid of her and keep Tea instead? Why have they never done any Marty and Viki scenes?

I still want Kevin back on this show. At least I am getting my man RJ, but Kevin needs to be back pronto, Viki needs her sons.

• Members

I agree. At least explore it in new and interesting ways. I would never want them to be buddy-buddy, but they get lazy with the way they write Dorian towards Viki, it just comes across as petty and pathetic sometimes.

• Members

i just think the writing positions FF as a lead in the storyline while her acting is not the best. SHes ok with comedy but drama is really uncomfortable to watch. But I like OLTL, because its somewhat balanced although the characters, played by ok actors, are always on while the veteran characters are either supporting or not seen.

• Members

OLTL is en Fuego, if only it would translate into ratings!! :angry:

Dorian and Viki :wub: :wub:

Tea :wub:

Who the hell is in the bed? Mitch is my first guess but since I heard the actor is going to be on Y&R who else can it be?

As for FFath I think she is really good right now in her portrayal of a young scared mother. JPL has not been as convincing but then again Rex is supposed to be the strong one holding it together. I loooooooooove how the storylines between Rex/Gigi/Shane are being paralleled with Bo/Nora/Matthew. I would love to see Rex/Bo and Gigi/Nora scenes. These are 2 of my favorite storylines - Stacy.

• Members

I'm one of Jared's and Charlie's biggest fans, but if they brought on more newbies just to give them a family I might scream. I feel like we've been flooded with new characters already.

Some parts of the teen stuff really annoy me. But the Matthew/Cole piece has really created story for Nora, Bo, Marty, and that I'm enjoying.

It makes her look so shrewish, which of course she kind of is, but that's not all there is to Dorian. I always enjoy the moments where Dorian lets her defenses down with Viki and accepts her warmth and support.

I can't stand Marty either. But I blame John. She's quite effective until she starts explaining to John how everything is her fault, and she can't continue to count on him to take care of her problems, blah blah blah.

And Jess and Nat need their big brother. ICAM

Archived