OLTL: Discussion for the week March 16

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey, whatever helps you get through Farah Fatah's piss poor performances. She and OLTL would be far better off if someone sat her down and helped her make better acting choices ie. stoicism than allowing her to keep on churning out those horrible fake crying scenes.

• Administrator

Yeah, please use spoiler tags. Luckily, I read this thread from bottom-to-top, so I didn't see what Range posted and I didn't go further up. Range better go back and put spoiler tags! Surely, you must know not to put spoilers without tags by now. ;)

• Members

Seriously! If it's aired! It's still a spoiler????? RTR only discussed today's episode. I think. :huh:

Perhaps I need to review the published rules about spoilers and spoiler tags. I honestly hope they're not "shifting". I have a hard enough time following firmly established rule that I understand. When people start "nudging" the rules to suit the order of the day, there's simply no hope for me. Rules and I just hang that way.

• Members

I totally agree. HBS and SH knocked it out of the park and watching their scenes really set a tone for the rest of the show. Every scene seemed to have a beginning, middle and end which it hasn't had in a long time. I also enjoyed the little guy who plays Jack. Sorry I don't know his name but that kid rocks. He hit every beat and the dialogue was perfect. The only disappointment for me today was the Matthew/Cole scenes. To me they just fell flat. I don't know why but I was expecting more from them today. And it wasn't their acting either. I thought they were both great I just expected more emotion and subtext. Their scenes seemed a little too after school special for me. Matthew apologizing to Cole for not getting him help when he knew he was turning into an addict. He just wanted to be cool like him. Come on. A little anger on Matthews’s part probably would have helped make the confrontation seem real for me but all in all a great episode.

• Members

TSJ was awful today. He's either indifferent or awful. Are we supposed to believe Todd cares about his kids again? He was so insincere and smarmy with Jack. Why do they keep Todd around now?

Bo/Rex is more and more of a crutch to make Rex less unlikable and less of a genuine relationship.

I thought John and Tea were great today. If they keep Tea around I almost wouldn't mind seeing her with John. Imagine all the Marty meltdowns.

• Members

Thanks.....I'm proud of that the basketball team at my old high school is doing so well. They've already made it further then any other team at the school has by winning a state tournament game. Also neat is that the b-ball team from my college alma mater (Western Kentucky) is in the NCAA tournament this year. However, my favorite college team, the Kentucky Wildcats are stuck in the NIT....but at least they are still playing on. I love this time of year. :)

As for the spoilers thing, it doesn't really bother me either way. I'm a spoiler whore :lol: ....so it's fine with me.

• Members

While I will say that Farah's acting leaves a lot to be desired, she has my support.

She, like Kassie DePaiva and myself, is a Kentuckian....and we support and root for our own down here.

Why you ask? Well, as Blanche Devereaux would say "Because we're from the south. It's just good manners."

:D

Archived