GH Bloodbath??

• Members

What is Frons' obsession with youth? Oy. I hate that man so much.

I can't even imagine the backlash if all of those actors get pink slipped. The sad part is, they're all TALENTED. He's taking like a portion of the good actors and firing them (well RUMORED TO BE). He's a complete and utter MORON.

And Rebecca Herbst is GORGEOUS. Having seen her in person in 2006, 2007 and 2008, she's STUNNING. And the girl can act her butt off. I've always had a feeling he was never a fan of hers, for some reason, because she rarely gets much to do and hasn't Frons repeatedly canned the Liason romance?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The comment about Rebecca Herbst not being pretty enough is a joke when one thinks about the airtime Bradford Anderson commands.

Rick Hearst I say good bye and good luck. His character was ill conceived and has not worked in years in any way that has to do with entertainment. There are just so many ways to discuss Sonny and be interesting. GV I think is a shame because besides being the hunkiest male modelly actor on the show (something every soap should have) he is playing Lucky Spencer, so if he does go, I would like to see a recast. MW has a lot of potential still if GH would only see characters as viable even if they aren't playing a mob love interest. Leslie Charleson is the travesty. She is GH's most senior contract player and this would be a real blow even though she hasn't had a story in 10 years.

• Members

Sure, I think Rebecca is pretty but I find her severely lacking in the acting department. Guza is doing nothing with Elizabeth, so let her go. I'm more worried about Megan Ward. She is such leading lady caliber. She can hold her own with anybody in the cast and Kate is a classy character. She would do wonders on a different show.

If anybody needs to be fired it's Rick Hearst. Please Guza. Free my hunk a hunk a man so he can go somewhere else and be great.

• Members

As much as I do not like it I kind of feel that Leslie Charleson being let go or going on recurring is kind of inevitable at this point what with the lack of screen time she has and the fact that her being on for 30something years may make her have a high salary.

• Members

Do not get me wrong here the both of them are pretty hot :) just in different ways. In other bad perditions I could see John Ingle going on recurring again. I mean if Guza and Frons hates people over 50 (and Women over 40) what would he think of a 80 year old?

• Members

Money's got NOTHING to do with it when it comes to that son of a bitch Brian Frons and the rest of those as*holes at ABC Daytime.

It's AGEISM and SEXISM, plain and simple. Jackie Zeman and Julia Barr both got thrown under the bus along with Stuart Damon, Lynn Herring, Jon Lindstrom, the late Anna Lee, the late Phil Carey and MANY other veteran performers who dedicated their professional lives to ABC Daytime for DECADES.

Those who remain, namely Susan Lucci, David Canary, Erika Slezak, Robin Strasser, Tony Geary and Jane Elliot have all taken massive pay cuts and have seen their visibility shrivel and that's got NOTHING to do with anything other than their AGE!

Don't make excuses or justifications for Leslie Charleson's imminent departure. There are NO EXCUSES for her firing if and when it happens.

• Members

Yeah, it will be just as disgraceful to let LC go as it was Stuart Damon, Julia Barr, and Phil Carey. I guess the first ABC name to be unceremoniously dropped was Michael Storm. These soaps aren't even the same soaps anymore. Days and the NBC soaps treat their longterm stars better, even if they are sidelined most of the time.

• Members

NBC/ABC are about equal in the firing of vets department. Days has fired John and Marlena and Patch and Kayla. AW in its last years had only 5 or 6 cast members who had been even been on the show more than 9 years. It's the CBS soaps that keep the vets around.

As for GH, I'm long past caring what happens to the show -- I gave up hope a long time ago -- but these rumors do have Frons's young and pretty, simplified vision of soap opera all over them.

• Members

If Vaughn is already recurring, I hope he finds a new job. Maybe he can come back to Y&R as Diego and pick up the pieces for Sharon and make Nick VERY jealous! :D I would prefer that more than Sharon f-ing Billy. :rolleyes:

And if Herbst and Hearst are fired too, then good for them. Everyone should leave the crap show that is GH.

And with Lucky and Liz gone (if it's true), that makes my chances of returning to the show slim to none.

Archived