GH Bloodbath??

• Members

Usually I'm on aboard the ageism and sexism train, but this smells like budget cutting (if it does happen). Vaughn, Herbst and Hearst are young. They play prominent characters. They have vocal fans. Lucky is Luke's son. Geary was just re-signed. Hearst is an Emmy winner. I always thought Ward was gone when Brown re-signed. I expect the guy who plays Johnny to be out now that cheap big teeth Ethan is on contract and being sent to his doom with Lulu. It looks like GH is trying to trim the budget by getting rid of actors that they don't consider essential so that they keep the more pricey actors (Bernard, Burton, Brown, Wright) who they love on the front burner. Bernard is in for a shock. Once Sonny's kids are SORAS'd, he is going to become more of a supporting character and they will gradually cut down his airtime. He is going to lose his big man on set status.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I had a feeling that Megan was leaving.. Writing's been on the wall since September. It's a damn shame too, because Sonny and Kate had the workings of a supercouple and made Maurice watchable, so to speak.

I don't blame Steve for being pissed about breaking up Liz/Jason.. And if all these people are REALLY going to exit/recurring (Rebecca, Greg, Leslie, Rick), it may be time to turn off GH for a bit.

Nice to see Towers back though, she has been missed.

• Members

I don't think that is fair to DOOL. Yes, they got rid of those four over 40 characters, but they still manage to write for Bo, Hope, Victor, Kate, Stefano, and most recently Maggie. There is also Roman, Abe, Lexi and Caroline. The show has been trying to work at least some of their older actors.

• Members

Oh yes, YES!!!!

GH used to be my show...watched it since 63...15 minutes a day in B&W of sweet Nurse Jesse and Dr Steve....I hung in 40 some years until they killed Georgie. No more...have tuned back into GL a few years ago & I am so thrilled they are finally getting their sh*t together...and Phillip is back!!!! Wheee!!!!!

Guza & Frons are killing GH...Frons & Pratt are GH-ing AMC and now I can see Fron's is having his way with my OLTL(Hey, leave Carlivatti alone !!). They are gonna kill ABC soaps if they are not stopped....

I am so sorry the way they are treating their vets and their stars. Fools!

• Members

Maybe if Rebecca Herbst ran around in a push-up bra and wifebeater, Frons would be more compelled to keep her on.

As for the rest... Ric Hearst deserves better. So do Gv and MW. And DaytimeFan preached it with everything he wrote. Bravo!

• Members

Ok now i have had my problems with GH in the past,but this is the final straw as a GH viewer.For the past 4 months,i have been unsatisified with the way GH has gone into 2009.Now 2008 and the end of 2007 were ok but not the best.Now the one thing that annoys me right now is that everyone has to have a problem with Sonny and Jason.All i hear is " Sonny and Jason suck" & "They should die MwaHahaha" NO NO NO NO it is not their fault that they are killing GH.Its the storylines.Sonny and Jason are 2 of my favourite characters on the show but the direction they are heading in I wouldn`t be surprised if they want to leave,their storylines have been completly ridiculos.And who do we all blame for this crappy writing,this dark shadow,the murder of the Quatermaines and of course The departure of laura Spencer....ROBERT [!@#$%^&*] GUZA JR.

Robert Guza finally got the head writing role in 2002 joint with Charles Pratt and they slowly but surely started building Mob storylines.No correction 1996 with Karren Harris.He was HW for March-October of 96 and he went to Sunset Beach from Jan-Oct 97.He then gave us an evil present by coming back to GH in Dec 97 and stayed on till Dec 2000.He returned in 2002 and thats when the soap started to fall through.The Mob crap increased,The characters were crappy and Guza`s writing got worse.When Pratt left,any hope of getting rid of Guza was gone and he was left to destroy GH.But thankfully hope arrived.The Writer`s Strike.Guza was apart of it and Garin Wolf took over and for sadly 3 months later he came back and now we are left here in a very evil sick rut.Also Nightshift take a look at the 1st season and then the 2nd.More Medical stories and less Mob.That was because Guza wasn`t the HW of Nightshift.That was a good decision possibly made by SoapNet.So overall Guza will need to be taken out and give The HW duties to someone that can run GH possibly.BUT LETS NOT FORGET that Guza is one person.There are a whole load of Writing team on board to GH so lets start throwing the hate of some of them.Elizabeth Korte is the Associate Head Writer/Script Editor.She could be much in this as Guza is.Michael Comforti is another example,Meg Bennett.Guza`s damn wife FFS.

Lets move on to Jill Farren Phillips,The Executive Producer of The Show.(During her time as executive producer at Guiding Light she fired actress Ellen Parker and killed off her character, Maureen Bauer. Maureen was generally considered the tentpole character of Guiding Light, after her mother in-law Bert Bauer passed away in the mid 1980s. When she was at Another World a serial killer stoyline was played out and popular character Frankie Frame was brutally murdered by the killer, the original victim was Donna Love, but fans revolted and Frankie was chosen instead by Margaret DePriest. During the course of the episode Frankie was stalked and then brutally murdered by an unknown person. During her tenure on One Life to Live she was also blamed for the initial 1999 firing of Laura Koffman who played Cassie Callison, during her maternity leave. In 2002, when Genie Francis wished to take a few weeks personal time during the summer to travel with her husband, director/actor Jonathan Frakes, Phelps denied Genie's request for time off, citing contract issues. This subsequently led to Francis quitting General Hospital in order to spend time with her family). Does this explain how much GH is doomed.She is just as much the cause of GH`s current state right now.And wait a minute a Serial Killer storyline haven`t we seen that lately on another soap JFP was involved in.Even though IME she is the least evil on the show,she is still evil and that Emmy speech last year.Not a thanks to fans.I felt disgusted when she snubbed the fans.

My Final Case.The Man who hired these freaks and could cause a lot more evil on the show.BRIAN FONS.here is some evidence of how this man is killing ABC Daytime.(In his capacity as president of ABC Daytime, Frons was responsible for the development, marketing, production and promotion of all ABC Daytime properties, which include All My Children, General Hospital, One Life to Live, and The View. Under his leadership, every daytime drama has hit new lows in terms of ratings (GH's series low was on 10/11/06; AMC reached a record low of 2,144,000 viewers on Friday, November 2, 2007; OLTL's was on Thursday , December 20, 2007 with 2,186,000 viewers), and Port Charles was canceled.)This is not what ABC needs.Not just GH but AMC and OLTL is getting the effect as well.

Now i will move on to the topic of discussion.(Disturbing news from the GH front: Insiders are buzzing that ABC wants its cast even younger than it already is. Rumour has it the show is letting Megan Ward (Kate) go, and may force Rebecca Herbst (Lizzie) into a recurring status — if she refuses to take pay cut. “Brian Frons doesn’t think she’s pretty,” claims one source, before adding, “And that’s the kiss of death on this network.”) Ok why are we doing SOS or SOBAD or whatever its called.ITS STUPID.Let the damn kids grow normally.I am hoping that Kate Howard goes because whatevr cause for her on the show is now gone.She has to go gracefully and don`t die please.Elizabeth going into recurrign status because of looks is well...[!@#$%^&*] STUPID.One of the reasons Fons needs to go.Elizabeth has been on the show since 1997 and axing her now is too late.If Fons wanted her gone he should have done it in 2002.

Next (In more soap dish, apparently Maurice Benard (Sonny) is not a happy camper these days (who can blame him?). He’s not the only pissed-off star! Steve Burton (Jason) is fuming mad, as well, mainly because Frons has vetoed a Jason-Liz pairing. Moreover, if Burton decides to check out of GH this year, Liason fans can expect their happy ending.) Mentioned this earlier about Sonny and Jason going.Them going will be a blow for Guza and JFP because then they won`t have anyone to base the mob around which will be good for all of us.I would also like to see a love triangle between Lucky/Liz/Jason and this time do it for real don`t piss it about like last time. (Also expected to receive pink slips are Greg Vaughn (Lucky), and possibly Leslie Charleson (Monica) “There’s a bloodbath on the horizon,” hints an insider. “And it’s not going to be pretty.” Rick Hearst (Ric) should be worried, too.) If Monica goes the Quatermaines will not survive 2 minuites without Monica.She is the heart and soul of the show and her going will be the early knife in the heart for GH.Lucky i don`t know how to spin that.Him being Luke`s son may make him just walk away into the sunset.( Love him or hate him, it looks like Nathan Parsons (Ethan) has signed a long-term contract. Meanwhile, Constance Towers (Helena) is also returning and is expected to be involved in the Rebecca/Emily storyline. Big surprise.) Yes something good...Ethan is on contract status.The only thing Guza has introduced that is good.Ethan can go a long way in GH if they write him right and as for Helena returning.Perfect that`s what we need.The return of the most evil family ever.Not just Helena but Stravos and Stefan.They may save GH if they come back.And they are all avaliable.

So thats it people.E-Mail your damn fustrations about GH to the head of ABC if you want to see a change.However if these rumours are what they are Rumours.Then i have wasted my time...or have i?

• Members

ITA with you BadBoy93, but if Sonny and Jason leave I think Guza will just replace them with some other mobsters... I just don't see him (Guza) telling hospital stories, family stories, or romantic stories. The only thing he knows to write about is a mob story.One mob story.Which he tells over and over and over again. Even worse, the show resurrects characters & actors all the time... Ted King played two different Alcazars; Ignacio Serrichio came back from the dead, briefly; Sarah Joy Brown is back as an entirely different character; and Natalia Livingston is back as Rebecca, who may or may not be Emily. If Maurice or Steve leave, the show will just bring back Bruce Weitz, Ted King, Ignacio, Manny or his priest relative, or any of the other mobsters whose characters have been killed off or written off: the folks running this show are very limited in terms of the stories they tell and the actors they'll work with. No matter who the lead actors & actresses are, the show willalways be about the mob under the current regime.

The only effective change will be behind the scenes: Guza, Frons, and Phelps have all got to go. But longtime GH fans have been saying that for years, and nothing has changed. I gave up on the show a long time ago, and the only thing that would possibly lure me back would be the mass firings of Guza, Frons, and Phelps.

• Members

ICAM with you DaytimeFan. Brian Frons is a first class bastard. He is an agist and sexist pig! He is responsible for the destruction of ABC daytime as a whole. He's the one responsible for allowing that garbage Guza writes to come into fruition.

• Members

Just thinking that Natilia Livingston is playing Rebecca...she may be Rebecca and now that Helena is back (YAHHHHHHHHH they have done something right) Emily may return.At least we have seen the return of old characters like Robert,Anna,Laura,and many others.Still they are not on TV as much as they were use too but they are acknologed.

Archived