Hunter Tylo fans: please, react

• Members

Once again, Bell is going make a very big mistake: he is going to fire once again the beautiful and talented Hunter Tylo because 3Taylor doesn't fit anymore in the sltorylines". This guy is crazy, he hasn't learnt from his past mistakes. So, we, fans of Hunter, have to react now to keep Hunter on B&B!!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I read this on a French forum, but it was quoted from 2 US forums:

"Loose Lips from Soaptown USA claims that Brad Bell is phasing Taylor out of the SLs, she doesn't fit into his future vision. "

"Major character to leave B&B in summer '09 ?

Setside sources claim that Brad Bell wants to write out a major character by the summer of '09. He is grooming a younger actress who is new to the show to take the major characters place. A lot of background politics from the newbies and some people in positions of power has led to Bell deciding that the vet is dispensable. However, he is deferring a formal announcement for fear of a backlash from the longtime fans. He wants to try some things with his cast before he makes a formal announcement.

Tridge plans were shelved because an actor threatened to quit if the pairing was done.

The pairings (at the current time) are going to Brooke/Ridge (taking over as matriarch/patriarch), Eric/Stephanie/Donna, Nick/Bridget/Katie/Rocco (on recurring), Rick/Steffy/Owen. "

• Members

What newbies? Jaqueline MacInnes Wood and Brandon Beemer? Texas Battle? Bryan Genesse?

One of these three has shared tons of screentime with her. Newbies is plural.

Even if I believe Hunter leaving B&B will happen, it is pure speculation at this point and shouldn't be reported as fact by the Taylor/Tylo fanbase.

• Members

I rooted for classic Taylor sometimes, although I was always a Brooke fan first and foremost (those were the days!). I totally understood Taylor's appeal to Ridge, though...she was sensible, principled, above the fray. I remember when she started to develop feelings for Eric...and she INSTANTLY put the brakes on it...out of respect for Stephanie.

The returned Taylor has been a mess...there is no other word for it. From the "epic fail" of her wax figure return (after an on-camera death and an open casket funeral)...through her implausible descent into alcoholism...

We have had indications that the actress may have a lot of background issues. From her apparently acrimonious divorce, her vicious conflict with Kimberlin Brown, or her multiply litigious nature. Jack Wagner, charitably, indicated in his last interview that there was no connection between what was written for Taylor and what she actually SAID on camera. That has got to be hard for a team.

We have other indications that something is amiss. Her romance with Wagner was abruptly truncated. So, too, it seemed they were heading back to a Taylor/Ridge story, and a Brooke-Nick-Katie triangle...and suddenly Taylor chose Brooke. Taylor, as we have noted, has been virtually non-existent through the Phoebe arc...when that was originally pitched as HER storyline. And the whole Phoebe fallout has been shockingly...slight.

Put it all together, and I intuit things are not going well. The actress suffers from some major hardships in her life...commute to Nevada, blind daughter, single mother, and dead son.

I never thought I'd believe this, but I'd be fine with Taylor going off to rediscover herself. And I would not bring her back until both the actress and character are again strong, principled, and on-point. I would not burn bridges permanently, but I really do think that the destruction of Taylor is one of the major sources of rot on this show.

"Save the psychiatrist and save the world". I'm not saying this couldn't actually be accomplished in a single show--Taylor wakes up one day and says "I am RECLAIMING myself!"--but I'm guessing there are actress issues that require some time to pass until this can happen.

• Members

I don't really understand this. It's not like Taylor is a big player right now. After the Rick/Steffy thing has run it's course, there won't be anything for her to do until something else comes up. And I don't understand that quote. It says grooming a younger actress to take the character's place. What does that even mean? She doesn't have a "place" to take.

And an actor threatened to quit if Taylor/Ridge was done? So does that mean Tylo or Moss? That pairing hasn't been done for years.

• Members

Wow, I haven't watched B&B in awhile and had no clue that all this drama was happening with Hunter Tylo behind the scenes.

I know that Hunter has fans, but Bill Bell doesn't care. He fired the first and better Thorne even after his fans picketed the studio.

• Members

They can easily fire her. When they did before the ratings didn't drop. From the sounds of the article, if an actor refused the Tridge reunification it was probably Ronn Moss not wanting to be saddled for the rest of his career with an actress who refuses to kiss back and always has her elbows firmly poking into his chest whenever they embrace.

The final straw had to be when they had to have JMW do her scenes for Phoebe's death. That was obvious when Steffy spent a second day in the morgue with Phoebe when it should have been Taylor. Initial reports were that Tylo herself had requested this storyline with the hopes of getting an Emmy real and then for her not do act in it, must have been hard for the production. I can understand why she wouldn't want to do it, but she should have refused before anything was put on paper and written for her.

• Members

It's a shame they've reduced Hunter to a bit player. I remembered the days when she was such an integral character to the show. Now she's so non existent if they do get rid of her I won't be surprised. When she returned I thought they were going to pair her with Ridge since once given a choice, he ALWAYS chose her over Brooke. Brooke was always the interloper trying to come between them chasing her "destiny". Brad changed history and made Taylor totally insignificant to Ridge and everyone around her.

Even if she was fired, I doubt any other soap would be enthused to hire her. I feel sorry for Hunter. She has a lot of problems.

• Members

Taylor was the interloper from the get go. She got him on the rebound the first time and then it was hanging on tooth and nail with the help of Stephanie and her baby baits. Every love scene they ever had was spent discussing Brooke before and after the deed and Ridge always interfered in every relationship Brooke had out of fear that she actually would move on. The great Tridge romance was not that great.

Quote below borrowed from the B&B official board:

Archived