Unexplained plot points

• Members

LOVIN' GL, think of it as second ONLY to YnR in terms of what's rockin' in daytime right now. I said that to say this: Even with good soaps, weird things happen. During yesterday's fight between Alan and Beth, Alan told her that she'd always be a Spaulding (the name her children share and the love of her life - Phillip, Alan's son). Her response was to scream that she's a RAINES. Cute, given that the actor playing Alan is actually named Ron Raines... SCARY because the name belonged to Beth's stepfather, the man who raped her and beat her and her mother.

I wondered if this was part of an upcoming plot point to help explain why Beth has become such a bizarre character - still dealing with issues related to Bradley. Now Phillip, the man who rescued her from Bradly RAINES is returning. Hopefully, it's not just that writers are ignorant about Beth's history with the man.

OLTL - Marty is drinking pretty heavily. Has anyone brought up her medical history? Whatever happened to the Lupus storyline that brought Viki and Marty together? They became close once Marty was diagnosed (not long after Megan died) and Viki helped her stopped drinking then. Again, makes me wonder if the writers are unaware of the character's history (or did we find out she was misdiagnosed and I missed it) or if her illness will be used later.

OLTL - Lee Halpern/Janet Ketring/Carol Lee Dennison. No one mentions that she was once Carol Lee. Is that intenntional until they're ready to use it? Will her former identity and connection to Viki through Joe Riley's twin Tom, later play a role?

Could Wes possibly be Tom's kid?

He mentioned that he doesn't know where his father is. Is Tom somewhere on the streets in Llanview? He was married to until he found out she was one of Renee's girls. Carol/Lee/Janet could have met up with him agian, once he was married to Wes' mother and as punishment for him dumping her, she took everything he had. Will Carol/Lee's connection to Mendorra somehow play a role in all of this? (Tom didn't die, right? He just moved away).

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Good point. I don't know how veteran viewers would feel about a recast, but I wouldn't mind, at this point. Tom could come back to town and once his connections to Wes and Janet/Lee/Carol are revealed, you just know John McBain would start investigating the Wes. John would probably figure out the whole shooting in Iraq thing, too, knowing the writers.

• Members

It can't be Tony -- or at least it shouldn't be. Back in 2001, during Greta's Coronation, Austin asked her (as they looked out into the crowd) if she could see her father in the room, and she said "yes." Tony was still presumed dead in 2001.

Meanwhile, what the hell was in Stefano's freezer back in 1998? Did we ever find out?

• Members

I can answer one of them, Frankie is Celeste real name and Caroline knows her from the past. Caprice also called her frankie. speaking of Caprice, what in the hell happened to her and the storyline she had with Celeste. She had something on Celeste and i be damn if she wasnt frighten. Days also had a black resturant owner on the show one time during the brandon, sami and larry the african american guy in the wheelchair. What happen to him? explain the four Marlenas. I am sorry so many questions, but so many memories.

• Members

It was back during the Possession story. I believe Stefano was planning to whisk Marlena away to find out what was happening to her, and in order to send the police on a wild goose chase away from the real Marlena, he created a bunch of clones to travel to different parts of the globe. Pretty stupid.

Archived