The Younge and the Beautiful

• Members

When CBS finally decides to pull the plug on GL I think they should replace it with a new spin off a combination of the Y&R and the B&B called The Younge and the Beautiful.

the joint spin off show focusing on the younger generation cast members. It could be a show to groom the cast member's before the jump to L.A or Genoa City and some established characters like Amber, J.T, Thomas Forrester and other underutilized characters from both shows.

the new spin off would a half hour and B&B would get expanded to a full hour.

whats your idea for a replacement for GL? mine is The Younge and the Beautiful :D

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

P&G just should produce another soap or GL get on the right track with some great writers and a better exe. producer. I like the idea of another Bell soap, but I can't see Jr. Bell doing it any justice, B&B just recycle storylines and they never get tired of Brooke!!! Taylor should come out on top for a Chance, ship Brooke ass to Genoa City and start a new life, but for real, B&B does need to get it together though. I want GL back!!

• Members

Never again will we see the debut of a new soap on one of the big three (or four for that matter). And yes, that is very sad. If anyone answers our soapy call, it will be on the net, on the CW, or on cable. Why BET has never invested in a soap other than Generations reruns I will never know.

I won't lie and say that a new Bell soap wouldn't be nice, but a new Bill Bell soap is what we're really after.

• Members

Unless this version of THE VIEW were replacing CBS's ailing and utterly desperate TPIR, why would the affiliates want a View-like talkshow in the 3PM hour when they could easily have their pick of CBS/Paramount stuff for fall?

Don't think me rude, but who are your sources?

• Members

You're not rude at all!

That's a good question about the affiliates and the 3pm hour, I would suggest that with The Oprah Winfrey Show likely going off syndication in 2011 (as Oprah Winfrey will likely take the show to her her OWN network, at least in the USA) perhaps Babs' 'View' would air across the 3pm time zone as a way to fill the void that the amazing Oprah will undoubtedly leave on the daytime landscape. It's the opportunity to go in and grab her displaced viewers. The thing is, Babs' version of 'The View' could also replace TPIR because that show is pretty much in freefall and everyone in the industry knows it, as you point out. Talk shows are also very very cheap to produce in comparison to daytime soaps and Babs is all about cost cutting and NOT giving up a network hour to the affiliates.

As far as sources go, it's a sticky question. I know a lot of people in the business on both coasts, the nature of my practice (which, admittedly, is spread across three offices in varying areas that I don't think are hard to guess) deals with a lot of high profile (really, high earning) people, the vast majority on the 'business' side, very very few creative people. The consensus is that Babs started to really take an interest in 'The View' after Rosie O'Donnell came aboard and spiked the ratings up in a sustainable fashion. As 'The Early Show' does not possess the same kind of brand that the 'Today' show does, it's felt that an independent talk show is the only way for her to get the talk audience.

Archived