Y&R: "Back in the Sack"-TV Guide Article

• Members

Back in the Sack

One of the most crazy-popular couples in soap history is about to hit the sheets again after a three-year break.

Nick & Sharon have been estranged since 2005 and are now wed to other people. But on February 4 they'll be stranded together in an isolated mountain cabin during a raging snowstorm and, well, any true-blue suds watcher knows what that means!

"The fans have wanted this for a long time," Morrow says. "It's going to be a very messy journey getting these two back together as a solid couple, but I'm sure it'll happen." The actor has mixed feelings about the reunion, since Nick's marriage to Phyllis is also a hit with viewers.

"I'm going into this thing with Sharon with a kind of heavy heart," Morrow admits. "I've loved working with Stafford. She's like a crazy frat brother. But getting naked with Sharon again is exciting. I've been on Y&R 15 years and most of that time was with her. So I'm feeling like a kid again!"

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Good that's all I wanted, because let's face it, even if you hate Sharon and Nick, they're obviously end game. In the soap universe, you don't just throw away a decade long love affair, people connected for that long ALWAYS end up back together. I assume the "messy journey" means a lot of soapyness and they won't actually get together at all very soon, but it will be a long process. Hopefully, Phyllis can move on and perhaps find another man or have some hate sex with Jack. I assume she'll go crazy again soon, at least for a bit. LOL!

Phyllis just doesn't belong with the Newmans, she's like a stranger to everyone in that family outside of Nick.

• Members

That poor kid, always being jerked around by who his parents are sleeping with. LOL!

I think the sex is just a catalyst, Nick and Sharon are NOT getting back together immediately. It's just something to begin their reunion, and I do believe Phyllis and Nick will still try to save their marriage before Nick and Sharon ultimately reunite

• Members

ugh. i dispise nick & sharon. they are an awful couple and do not work together as adults! i dont see how anyone can ever root for them, the fight, one cheats, then the other does, then to breakup, then they make up. throw in a child drama every few years and thats been the story for the last 10 years it seems. move them both onto other people.

they dont need to keep nick with phyliss but they dont need to throw him back to sharon either.

• Members

I am so disappointed in this...a raging snowstorm-soap cliche #32

So far we had them meet up in Paris,get stuck together in New York and now this.

Is it only out of town air that gets them acting this way?

I have no objection to them having sex-but how about it be based on a mutual decision and not some contrived situation that somehow is supposed to add some circumstance that makes it 'out of their control'

As for nick and Sharon re-uniting,what would be the point?

They would have to become the happily married couple and that is a dead end.

I'd rather see them kept apart and getting involved (not married!)to others,but still retaining that link that would keep us wondering if they'd re-unite.

• Members

I hope that Phyllis divorces him and gets full custody of Summer. She should claim that he has been up Sharon's ass the entire marriage and was only with her to establish parental rights.

While in the past I have rooted for Nick and Phyllis, I don't care to bother, because TIIC have made it so obvious that they think Nick and Sharon are some kind of Super Couple. Phyllis can do better than boring ass Nick. Hell, her and Jack were hotter and PB is not the Casanova of daytime (but unlike JM he can ACT). My only worry is that the writers know that Nick and Sharon have never established themselves as a couple without an adversary and therefore they will tare down the progress Phyllis has made, just to return her to a villain that can prop up that lame duo.

• Members

What progress has Phyllis made though? The character did a complete 180 when she turned into a happy homemaker and lost the fire that made her so interesting in the first place. They've slowly been adding more fiery elements back to the character over the past few months, but that's not enough. Phyllis has been a severely damaged character, probably the one character most ruined by LML. It's going to take a lot more to repair her, and getting her away from Nick looks like a good option to me. Nick and Phyllis worked as a forbidden affair, not a happy couple. They really have no deep history or emotional bond, and thus they aren't interesting unless they're on the verge of breaking up. Nick and Sharon were never my cup of tea, but at least their relationship was developed. I bought the history between those two characters, and I see that they have an emotional bond. With Nick and Phyllis, it's always been about sex, I've yet to see the emotional bond between those two characters. It's best for them to go their separate ways. I don't want a couple that's purely based on sex, like Nick and Phyllis, what's really the use?

• Members

I believe that Phyllis has gone from caring about no one at all, to a select group of individuals. I look at that as progress. She certainly is different from the psycho with no control we were first introduced to. As someone who has always prefered the grey characters on soaps, I hate to see that ruined by turning her into a cardboard 1D villian, just for the sake of SHICK.

• Members

Doesn't Stafford refuse to play psycho Phyllis ever again? I don't think they'll be going into that direction, though I do see more scheming for Phyllis, which doesn't mean she'll resort to her inner psychotic tendencies.

Phyllis is much more easily intergratable elsewhere in the cast than Nick and Sharon are. Phyllis has been intergrated with many different characters over the years, Nick and Sharon really haven't.

Most of Nick and Sharon's time on this show has been developed with each other, which means like 80% of their backstories somehow relate to one another, Phyllis doesn't have that problem.

I think Phyllis will keep her gray characteristics and after the Nick roadblock, she'll move elsewhere. They really can't afford to make her a psycho again, with Stafford refusing to play it or without writing the character off in the end.

Archived