OLTL: Marijuana

• Members

Aren't we all screaming for more character-driven drama? I wish they would have gone there!

I was kind of inspired by a Golden Girls episode I saw not too long ago where Rose (Betty White) was addicted to pain pills for years and didn't realize it! They forced Rose to go to rehab and everything! One of those rare "serious" episodes. And I bet Patricia Elliott would ROCK the storyline, she's so amazing.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, I'd be all about it, DES! Absolutely! (Well... I'm not sure if Eddie could handle it, but that's just my opinion... I know he has his fans... otherwise I'd love it!) But I can just see Frons and his focus groups' reactions to a seventy year old and a thirteen year old in front burner scenes.

• Members

Ripped from the headlines can be great or revolting depending on the writer. The Billy Douglass story was "ripped from the headlines." If soaps don't look at current events for story ideas, then they stay stuck in the realm of back from the dead, amnesia, who's the daddy garbage. And while I know a lot of people would be thrilled to stay in the safe fuzzy land of "classic soapiness" there's a whole lot of people who aren't interested.

Some people want a soap filled with fantasy, others want a soap based in reality. I'm in the latter group.

Archived