OLTL: Marijuana

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

word. plus Kristen Bell > Life.

really? i have lived in a few states and every one, from california to montana to new mexico and everywhere else it is uber normal.

i know here in cali by middle school everyone was over weed and had moved onto x. highschool brought coke, heroine, and everything else.

i do think its much more used than people think, yet not as much as some think. i do think its as common as cigs and drinking tho, to be honest. and most stoners i do know dont do anything but weed.

but yeah id oltl is doing a drug storyline pick a harder drug, please. hopefully they are using weed as the gateway drug...

• Members

Well damn, maybe we're more innocent than I thought down here? LOL. I just finished high school last year, so everything's still fresh in my mind as far as things are concerned. Me and my group of friends were never the type to always throw wild parties and stuff, but my school was small enough (about 1100 students) that everyone pretty much knew who was doing what. Weed wasn't exactly unheard of...but if it become known that so-and-so smokes weed, that was definitely gossip for a week or so, something that everybody found out. Smoking cigs was another thing all together. Not everybody did it, but it was such a non-issue, especially because most people who did it were only like...a year or two or three from being allowed to do it under the law anyway. Drinking. LMAO! I never drank a lot because my parents would freak, but I'm pretty positive that at least 95% of my graduating class not only drank, but drank often. Drinking alcohol was like drinking lemonade or something, so it was noooooooooothing to get excited about when you heard that so-and-so was drunk at a party or something.

Damn, JP, they were doing ecstasy, coke, and heroine!? See, that's not *completely* out of the question, but the people who were bold enough to do that type of stuff were the ones that you'd expect it from. They were the ones who smoked weed on like a daily basis, and so they would come to school still high pretty much...and then on weekends, while the "cool" kids were experimenting with weed, they were having fun with their Zanbars. I don't know if anyone ever did coke or heroin, but some kids were big on their Zanbars.

Come to think of it, I think that it would be correct to say that at my school, there was regular drug use, and there were people who smoked weed everyday and did heavier stuff on weekends or whatever. It's just that it was only a select group of kids...the stereotypical stoner kids (the ones who were actually stoners, though, not the ones who claimed to be stoners just because it sounded cool). Honestly, Matthew and Cole are so not the stoner type at all. But then again, Cole knocked a bitch up, so who knows.

• Administrator

Well, it's still a drug. I'm not a parent, but if I was and I found out my 13 year old kid with a joint, I'd be pissed. What parent is going to go to their teen, "Oh it's just weed. Here you go, son, you dropped your joint."

Exactly. If Matthew was caught with cocaine or meth, I would be like, "Come on."

Well, that was Dena Higley writing it, right? LOL

• Members

Many may seem to think that weed is harmless but I've seen firsthand and know that it can definitely destroy young lives and it leads to other curiosities... Cocaine, Ecstasy, Meth and prescription drug abuse and the list goes on and on! In other words, if this is where they are going with this storyline it makes sense to me that it starts with marijuana.

• Members

Wow you people are saints. At my high school, I graduated in 2007, we had a smoker's place beside the school. This wasn't hidden or anything. It was literally on the curb at the side of the school. If you didn't drink at my school people, myself included, would kind of look at you like a robot.

• Members

I DO think marijuana is no big deal at all. I,m sorry but to me kids who get addicted to other drugs need to blame their stupidity, not weed. I am not saying this to offend either, I know people close to me that have had sever drug addictions as well. But weed is not the problem at all. I do agree however that it's still a good way for the story to start. I mean Cole is pretty dumb, Matthew is surely naive at that age.

• Members

Wow. See, if someone who was 18 or older wanted to smoke, they had to go across the street from student parking. Couldn't even do it in the parking lot itself.

You have to forgive me if I seem a little shocked, though. Maybe it's because the south and things are just a little more conservative down here? My school was a pretty liberal place. Back in the day, there was on-campus smoking areas, but I guess Nancy Reagan just would not have that!

Archived