2009: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Who is the "lead director" at DAYS? I assume it's Herb Stein or they really don't have one, usually it's up to the lead director or the whole team decides which episodes to submit at the Emmy's and the DGA's nominate a particular director and episode, don't they?

I still can't believe they let Denney and Foster go like that, who are superior directors to Maxam. Oh well, it's good that Denney returned to Y&R. I think the overall directing on DAYS has suffered MAJORLY since Tomlin replaced Scott, which is funny, since Tomlin is a director too.

BTW, DGA nomintions for television are announced on Friday. As usual, I expect all 3 ABC soaps and the awful P&G soaps to be nominated. It's funny, even when the old Y&R directing team did well at the Emmy's year after year, they never did all that well in terms of the DGA.

• Administrator

Yeah, it's Herb. He's been there forever like early 80's.

Not sure how it works.

I think Denney and Foster were freelancing and that's why they didn't direct anything after Ed left.

I'm surprised Gary hasn't directed any episodes yet. He usually directs once and while when he's EP.

I'm just hoping DAYS/Noel Maxam gets nominated. DAYS had the single best directed episode in 2008.

• Members

lol, that was fast. I do agree that AMC has some big time issues with editing. I question some of their background music choices as well. That's all on JHC. The "look" wouldn't bother me so much if everything else was better.

• Members

Working under? Why? There's got to be a long-term plan here. So did they fire someone who used to work under Carruthers so that they could hire Lisa? Or is this a newly created position? And I agree, hello, you just cut Susan Lucci's salary so that you can hire another producer? Why? :angry:

• Members

Best quote ever! Who do you think he voted for?

On another note, today's Y&R was terrific. Funny, light, lots of plot and character advancement.

Guess who wrote it? The script writer(s)? seemed to be Jay Gibson and Amanda Beall! Yup, she's doing just FINE at Y&R, IMO.

Archived