Y&R Logo is 25

• Members

In 1984, Y&R's opening credits were changed and the Y&R logo was introduced. I thought it would be neat to take a look at what the current cast was doing 25 years ago. Some of these are based on the actor's ages.

Acting on Y&R: Eric Braeden, Tracey Bregman, Jeanne Cooper, Doug Davidson, Eileen Davidson, Kate Linder, Melody Thomas Scott

Acting on other daytime dramas: Peter Bergman (All My Children), Judith Chapman (General Hospital), Don Diamont (Days of our Lives), Christian LeBlanc (As the World Turns), Jess Walton (Capitol)

Acting on prime time: Michael Gross (Family Ties), Nia Peeples (Fame), Ted Shackelford (Knots Landing)

In high school: Michelle Stafford, Kristoff St. John

In junior high school: Sharon Case, Daniel Goddard

In elementary school: Adrienne Frantz, Amelia Heinle, Thad Luckinbill, Joshua Morrow, Greg Rikaart

Starting elementary school: Chris Engen, Michael Graziadei, Elizabeth Hendrickson, Billy Miller

Not yet school aged: Vail Bloom, Tammin Sursok

Not yet born: Bryton, Christel Khalil, Emily O'Brien, Kevin Schmidt

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Indeed. The very talented Sandy Dvore created the "yr" (which as a child I thought was just some random contemporary design/flourish drawn in lipstick, I'm almost embarrassed to admit how dumb naive of me that was :P ). Dvore (who also did the charcoal drawings) created those sexy opening titles for seasons 8 and 9 of Knots Landing. Look at the "font" he created for "Knots Landing", and it's easy to see how the "yr" came from the same hand.

• Members

Yeah, I love it. No need to change it. I wish ATWT had stuck to its spinning globe "On and On theme music". Instead we have a crappy black screen opening. So many [!@#$%^&*] recasts that the new theme isnt even used anymore. Goutman the hack!!

• Members

They should just go back to the 1990s opening and music, with all of the pretty nature things contained within the letters of the show's title. That was so pretty to me and I think it can qualify as timeless. If not, they could do some things to make it contemporary.

As for Y&R, that YR symbol should go nowhere. That's a universal symbol for American daytime drama for me. It'd be a pretty tattoo lol

• Members

One of my earliest memories is my mother taking me along every week when she cleaned our preacher's church before I was old enough for school. I remember the music and had no idea what the symbol meant or who the man with the mustache was. I, of course, found out many years later.

Archived