ATWT: Week of December 22, 2008

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Seriously, we cant get a nice Lisa & Hughes Christmas at their house?? Wait, their house vanished. :angry:

I feel like I am repeating myself concerning Jack. I am hoping MP is tired of playing the same crap everyday. It's the same dialogue from before. Jack needs to move on. The writing is too repetitive. That needs to stop. It's like the script writers are copying and pasting the lines to their scripts.

• Members

I'll make sure to start sending in regular emails. Thanks for the info. Also, I would suggest that if you call to complain about Nuke, make sure to explain that you're not complaining because they're a gay couple, but because they're an insta-couple and that there are indeed some of us (of varied sexual orientations) who don't think that Nuke is the best thing since Jeff and Penny. Don't want them to assume that we're just Fred Phelps conservatives who hate the homosexuals.

And you know, the thing that gets me is, they think Nuke is just this great cutting edge thing, but IMO, in this day and age, it really isn't. The only reason why Nuke is a big deal is because daytime is like 10-20 years behind the rest of television when it comes to these things. But Luke and Brian? That's something new, that's something interesting. And it fits ATWT, IMO. ATWT isn't really an issue-driven soap...it can be overly soapy because it is indeed the quintessential soap (IMO, at least), and so the idea of a young guy falling for his grandmother's new husband? That is so soapy! And if they had the balls to go there, I'd praise them from the highest of hills!

• Members

:D There's never anything that makes them happy. Too bad...now they might have some clue what being a Carjacker is like. The minute Luke screws Brian, then crawls into bed with Noah the same night, they'll be "just like any other couple". Karma, baby...karma.

At least I know I'm supposed to be miserable.

• Members

The road blocks that are put on Nuke are nothing compared to Carjack. Nuke is not really a couple to me anymore. They havent even slept together. It is unreal that they have not slept together. That does not happen in real life. It's obvious TPTB at ATWT are just giving those crazy Nuke fans crumbs. And they are eating it up!

• Administrator

Are they afraid Maddie is going to de-gay Noah or something? LOL

I kinda like the new Maddie. She hasn't done anything dramatic yet, but she seems okay. There's way too many young brunettes though. Gotta mix it up a bit.

Not feeling nuJade though.

• Members

Yes, I think they are afraid that Maddie will sleep with Noah. That is my guess. :lol:

New Maddie is ok. She seems too pretty for the role of Maddie. But like you said too many brunettes that you cant tell Nu Maddie apart from Nu Lucy. They could have been casted for the opposite roles and still fit in them.

NuJade is just there for me. She is totally different from Elena Goode. I prefered her Jade.

• Members

I agree. Before Noah came into the picture, everything that Luke and Kevin did was blown out of proportion. Now, believe you me, I loves me some Luke and Kevin and I'll spread the gospel of what should have been for as long as this show lives, but seriously, there was nothing romantic about Luke giving CPR to a DYING Kevin. People thought that was hot! They seriously did! Damn, folks, take a cold shower!

The thing with Brian, though, is that I guess he isn't the ideal hunk that they want Luke to pop his jollies with. He's older and despite how great Lau looks, he doesn't look like a contemporary of Luke's, so he doesn't count. As much as I hate to admit and though he's not much of an actor, Jake Silbermann does have looks, and I mean really, really, really good looks (I'm the first to admit that Luke and Noah look amazing together, but again, it's all style and no substance...). There'd no doubt be an outrage if Luke and Noah broke up and Luke got with someone else his own age, and that's because I think that fanbase has grown an immense attachment to the "couple." But in the end, if Luke was given his own adults only spin-off on Cinemax where he had wild travails with a new Fabio-esque lover from Malta, I'm sure there'd be countless Fabiuke banners.

I miss Elena like hell. She wasn't the greatest actress in the world at all, but she played Jade very well and I enjoyed what she did with the character. I loved Jade's ability to just not give a damn. In the early days of her stepping in between Will and Gwen, she would know that they hated her guts, yet she would merrily knock on their door and invite herself in for more [!@#$%^&*]-stirring. I flippin loved that girl!

• Members

Maybe someone should tell TDAIC (the dumb asses in charge) that there's no reason for Alison to test Parker. He's not related by blood to the late Jennifer.

Am I forgetting something??? Where did all this deep-seated hatred between Katie and Craig spring up??? I could understand Katie being pissed at Craig for setting Brad up....but Katie acts like Craig's treated her this way forever?? WTF??? She spent the first year of her marriage to Simon living with Craig because her husband was "challenged" in steady work department. Sure, he's ignored her...but damn, who wouldn't ignore the whining little twit?? The last real interaction they had was when Jen was married to Mike and trying to fend off Craig...at which point, Katie was Craig's little handmaiden, interfering right and left to stick her nose in Mike's marriage.

• Members

Just think--- not that long ago Alison was flunking out of Nursing School, now she's doing bone marrow test on everybody in sight in unsanitary conditions no questions ask because NuLu ask her to do it. Geez-- looks like we have a new Nurse Joy.

Boy am I glad that PBS broadcast cooking shows during this time slot.

BTW: Each NuLu looks younger than the last one. At this rate Patton List will soon look old enough to be Lucy's mother.

Archived