B&B: Week of December 8, 2008

• Members

Well yes. It was always campy. But I have said for a few months now that the show has been just plain terrible, not campy. Just bad.

I thought this would storyline would get me enjoying B&B again, but I think I was wrong.

It is the first time where the acting on a soap has turned me completely off.

I think I pretty much watch for Susan Flannery. Heather Tom is completely wasted. And I have a feeling she knows it deep down. But it is better than unemployment.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually, I thought SteffyJr's grief was well done. Even Lowder managed some good moments.

But, for the most part, the acting on B&B is awful. It always goes way over the top in these dramatic moments, and it always makes you aware the actors are acting. It's like TIIC decided they need to overstuff the eppy to make it BIGGER since they're only a half an hour.

• Members

I'm sure HT is just happy to be done with that awful triangle. She was front burner for a few months....on about every single day. Just give us time to get past that part of Katie and then she can come back.

She's definitely a great find as far as looks go and who plays her mom. I don't think she was THAT bad in the crying stuff. I don't think you can compare her to the adults just out of shear experience that they have. RM has been on this show for 21 years. JMW has barely been alive for 21 years. I know some people are just born with it and there are amazing 21 year olds. But others do get better with time.

• Administrator

I'm not a fan of dark B&B either. This past year has been way too dark and depressing. I want fun, campy, B&B back and I want more of the business aspect.

As bad as Ron Moss is as an actor, I wouldn't trade him for a recast. He is Ridge Forrester.

• Members

I thought we'd see Taylor again too after they made much a big deal out of Taylor with the scrapbook and worrying about Phoebe. It was weird not to see her at all.

I liked Steffy's scenes with deadPhoebe. I thought she played it very well.

On the "campy" aspect of the show, I admit, I laugh every time they talk about Phoebe and that song. The scene of her singing it to Ridge as she died in his arms was horrible.

• Members

Preach it!

I just started watching UGLY BETTY and I am amidst season 1, totally loving it. That's how flashy, hearty and fashionable B&B should and used to be... :mellow:

Where are the clothes, the cleavage, the designers, the b*tchy Wilhemina characters? Why don't they cut the uber-fast pacing to give real emetion a chance again?

• Members

"I think people are too hard on Tylo. Okay, she shouldn't have had all that "work" done, but she looks way better than she did in 2005. And I think she emotes well - much better than Lang."

I disagree, I think Tylo gets away with a lot more bad acting than other actors (with the exception of Ronn Moss who is constantly horrible). Tylo's had way too much work done to allow her to show any facial expressions. I do agree that she looks better now than she did a couple of years ago, but IMHO she still can't act. Give me KKL any day.

• Members

This story has been pretty disappointing. I think Phoebe should have dies in the hospital and had a chance to say goodbye. They really should have bought MM back sooner to build this storyline up a lot more as well. If you are going to kill a Forrester, at least get as much bang for the buck as you can.

• Members

I have to agree that Tylo emotes better than Lang who still has not, after over a decade of the same shtick, learned that being able to cry some crocodile tears at the drop of a hat does not necessarily make you a good actress. It's her first option for everything, no matter the story. B&B is stacked full of terrible actors with the exception of Flannery and Tom (who IMO seems to be regressing right before our very eyes since joining B&B).

When comparing the way Tylo plays Taylor to the way Lang plays Brooke, while neither are stellar, I think Tylo makes it infinitely easier to feel for and root for Taylor.

Archived