B&B: Week of December 8, 2008

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow - B&B pulled out all the editing and producing tricks they could find to mask the fact that the leads in this story can't act. Then we get SF doing the only true acting of the show and just letting the grief melt on her like butter. It was the only wime I felt any emotion other than awlward confusion.

And haven't they learned from the last time we had to see Hunter Tylo cry every day that the less Taylor has to emote the better? The woman looks like she should be under some girl's tree in a couple weeks she's so plastic.

You can tell where they're going with this s/l from a mile away (

- where's the payoff?? Does anyone want/care for any of this?

B&B's strength is usually it's big umbrella crisis stories (Who Shot Stephanie, Pam Kidnaps Donna, etc) but what's painfully clear is that they cannot rest the weight of those stories on their weaker players. Also, if there's not an outside antagonist or some sort of mystery involved the show cannot sustain. Seeing all those people on the stage fake-crying and looking mildly perterbed when they were supposed to be devastated just proves the point.

This show needs new blood big time in front of the scenes and behind. I'll never understand why they brought on the Logan matriarch Beth to make her weak, boring and innocent. She was more interesting when she off-screen! The actress is also horrible which makes things worse. Jackie M could/should be a thorn in the Forrester's side but she's a mere day player.

And so now Rick is supposed to be this new big, manipulative character only problem is that Kyle Lowder can't act either.

• Members

Remember the days when B&B's big umbrella storytelling, which you point out as being it's great strength, was about fashion? Those were some good days. Ahh the 80s and 90s.

I'm so with you about Jackie M...she's a day player when she could be so much more. Beth Logan is an utter disaster. I say fire them both and get Lauren Koslow's bitchtastic Margo Lynley on board!

• Members

So true. And I doubt Lesley-Anne Down is happy about it. Do you know when her contract is up? At this rate, I'd be shocked if she renewed it.

I don't think she's a disaster, but she adds nothing to the show. And that is Bell's fault - not Riker's.

Riker has already been bumped to recurring. And I say a big fat NO to dropping Jackie in favor of Margo! Koslow has nothing on Down, IMO.

• Members

I think people are too hard on Tylo. Okay, she shouldn't have had all that "work" done, but she looks way better than she did in 2005. And I think she emotes well - much better than Lang.

*hides*

I do!

would be great if only it would stay that way. I'm not thrilled at the prospect of

, but it could be good if well-written (in other words, if Alden and/or Minnis write it).

:o

I totally disagree there. At the moment, Lowder is the best male actor on the show.

• Members

That's like being the best cat in a room full of dogs.

Ugh...today's eppy screamed "written for emmy submission". Everyone was over the top, the music too cloying, the direction too sappy.

What I hate is how stupidly this was set up. Pheebs...who had had a five minute tantrum about the Taylor/Rick relationship months ago, is suddenly so friggin' angry now? And she's convinced that Rick used Taylor during the entire thing to get back at Ridge??? WTF??? It seems to me mommy was using Rick...but that's inconvient to the plot.

I could have lived with her hysterics had she kept on point, snarking about his change and trying to smack on her sister.

And now, no doubt, Stephanie Sr. will try and nail Rick to the wall, completely ignoring the fact Pheebs was so danged angry with Rick because of his plotting against Ridge, which Steph Sr. agreed to keep silent about only because she was trying to get rid of Brooke AGAIN.

• Members

The plot is awful, as many of you have noted. Phoebe's sudden transformation, coupled with this unseemly similarity to Tylo's own tragedy. I also agree that the audience doesn't want to see Taylor "broken" again. I wish she at least had her strong firefighter to support her.

But Lowder DID bring it on Monday's US show. He is much better than his material.

I'd love to see his Rick go to Y&R, to meet up with his ex-wife (Amber) and ex-lover (Ashley). I truly believe Lowder could hold his own over there.

• Members

I dont think Phoebe's transformation was sudden. She's been missing for months. Her anger could have been brewing this entire time. And she was pissed off last time we saw her. Coming back and finding out that the man she loved rejected her for her mother for a relationship that didnt even work out and now he's hell bent on destroying her father and trying to seduce her sister to do it, definetly all plays a role in it. I mean who wouldnt be pissed off? Totally makes sense. What I didnt like was how over the top they made teh accident. Phoebe's blame should have ended with her negligence in putting a seat belt. It was hard to buy anyone phyiscally attacking a driver like that

• Members

I don't mind the transformation as much as the rushing of her return and making her such a big deal to everybody.

Ugh at Ridge busting in the morgue. One thing I notice about RM is that his voice doesn't change. He may try to make his face sad, but his voice is the same as always.

• Members

The acting is just so godawful on this show. I don't want to offend anyone but I am sitting here laughing my ass off when I should be crying.

I IMPLORE you guys- Go back and watch this on DVR, whatshername is "crying" for a good 5 minutes over Phoebe, sniffling, making crying noises, ect. Like Ron Moss, NOT ONE GENUINE TEAR - Her face is completely dry. How can I feel anything with such horrible performances?

Ron starts "crying" while talking to Stephanie- not a tear.

They are both doing the Melissa Archer - scrunch your face up close your eyes and sniffle. It is embarrassing.

Susan, you need to give classes on set.

Archived