B&B: Week of December 8, 2008

• Members

I actually like Hunter Tylo very much. She CAN act. Her overinflated lips undermine her talent. Seriously.

With the exception of 5-6 people, B&B's cast sucks. I have no other way to say it.

The writing is not good enough to overcome bad performances, and the good performances on this show do overcome mediocre writing. That is why they need stronger actors.

It is funny that THIS show has the best actress on daytime, Susan Flannery.

(With Melody, Jeanne and Erika has her royal court lol)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lt Baker to the rescue (cue Superman music). Lol. That actor/character is truly recurring. I don't understand Stephanie's rational that it was Rick's fault that Phebe's wasn't wearing a seat-belt. What'd he do? Keep clicking the button to release it? Lol.

So they basically dropped ALL of Taylor's reaction (if there was ever any). If there were any filmed, I wonder if they were pulled because of the rumors about HT. It's just too weird to not have anything at all from Phoebe's MOTHER. It's pretty much all been about Steffy. JMW wasn't bad today, she had some awkward lines to say though.

• Members

There were some rumors that Tylo wanted a story with one of Taylor's children dying. And there were other rumors that she wanted to win an Emmy for doing a story like that. I saw bits of each of those on several sites, but who knows what's true.

If there weren't any Taylor scenes because of this actually being too much for Tylo, then boy were those websites wrong.

• Administrator

If the writers couldn't write any reaction scenes with Hunter (if she wasn't up to it), then they shouldn't have written this storyline. Dropping Taylor's reactions just adds to the horribleness of how this story is playing out. I'm disappointed with a lot of the beats. Steffy standing on the ledge, crying and reaching out to the stars....WTF. Does stupidness run in the family or something? LOL

• Members

On the CBS commercial, it looked like Tylo would still be reacting this week.

My eyes HURT from rolling so much with that "reaching for the stars on the ledge" scene. Was that house Bill Jr.'s, Lee's, Lauralee's, or Brad's? Moreover, whose was it SUPPOSED to be?

Worst plot of 2008. No emotional value at all. Phoebe and Steffy barely ever had scenes together as adults (certainly with these actresses).

Horrible. I wished for so much more....

• Members

I guess I'm in the minority here - I am loving this storyline. I don't see anything wrong with the way it's being executed (aside from having to suffer through Ronn Moss' attempt at acting, but what are you gonna do?).

I do, however, agree that a fashion storyline is needed.

Hopefully Tridge and Bricky will reunite in 2009 and the show can get back to its upbeat, fashion-focused roots.

• Members

When Stephie first came on, I couldn't hear her...She was mumbling- so I had to turn the television up...But the more she talked and cried, I had to turn the tv volume down....Her standing over her sister's body, I wanted her to "git ghetto" and beg to be put in the casket. Even Stephanie was looking at her crazy.

"Take me...Oh God, I'm going with you!"

And then she did it, she climbed on that ledge and was talking to herself, calling Pheobe "the brightest star"- I couldn't stop laughing. At this point, I wanted her to jump...That's when Ron Moss showed up and grabbed her. It was scenery chewing scenes with some of the worst dialogue ever. I was embarrassed for everyone involved.

• Members

I laughed my ass off today. Oh Toups you'll enjoy this take on it from Goldderby:

Posted December 10, 2008 10:41 AM

AND . SNIFFLE. I was looking up at the . Sniffle. (eyes closed so you can't tell she is not crying.) AND.. SNIFFLE. I WAS LOOKING. Sniffle. AT THE STAR IN THE SKY. Sniffle. AND I KNEW. Sniffle. THAT STEEFI AND I WERE LOOKING AT THE. SNIFFLE. SAME ONNNNNNEEEEEEE!

Cut to next scene. Her hair is strategically messed up. So you know she means business.

I WANT HER TO -SNIFFLE- TO BE WITH MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

===OKAY, where the F-CK is Hunter Tylo?===

Goodness gracious.

• Members

The word overwrought comes to mind. Yesterday was just barely restrained, and today they wrecked it with SteffyJr's cutesy stories.

It's a lot easier to feel sorry for Taylor...she's always the victim. And her brief bouts as the bitch are never acknowledged.

WTF is there anything to "investigate" about this crash?? They know Rick wasn't drunk...and not even StephSr thinks he deliberately tried to kill Phoebe. What else is there? Ugh...Rick will decide to do the noble thing and try and preserve Pheebs' memory by not admitting she yanked on the wheel deliberately like an idiot. Big whoop.

I will say...I did like the way Rick came clean about everything to Brooke. Coming from ATWT where that stuff is rarely addressed, it was refreshing.

Archived