The Politics Thread

• Members

Which is what makes him seem frightening.  He sounds as if he's been programmed to seek world domination.  He really seemed to be saying that they are going to take over the nation and the world cannot stop them. 

Then there's Trump talking about weaponizing federal funds to keep states in check.  But instead of the media emphasizing any of this bizarre plotting going on, they are concerned that Trump didn't tweet before 8:15 a.m. and that psycho Miller brought up voter fraud again.

These people could seemingly plan something dangerous while they are distracting the media with a bunch of shiny objects and the media would be none the wiser.  So it's kind of useless for the media to keep declaring themselves guardians when they are constantly smarting over being labeled fake.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Was this posted before?

Obamacare Repeal Is Failing Because It Was Based on a Lie

On CBS This Morning, they discussed how Ivanka Trump was making overtures to Canadian PM Justin Trudeau. The gist of what I saw was that Ivanka was trying to appeal to Trudeau, who has stated that he is a feminist. 

So funny that Ivanka (who has no official role, from what I've read) is basically willing to breach protocol to make overtures to Trudeau when no one could be bothered to even give a tour to Mrs. Abe upon her visit.

Of course, Ivanka would bend over backwards for Trudeau, she has eyes to see-- those Trumps are all about looks-ism, it seems.

Things we've been discussing on this board.

Interesting twist in this case, that this woman voted for Mitt "self deport" Romney.

Also, seemingly all of the voter fraud cases uncovered recently have been Republicans and right-wingers. Hm.

Republican green-card holder who voted illegally in Texas gets 8 years in prison

The effects of Trump's immigration platform have taken 'root' (or is that rot?), so to speak.

Crops Rot While Trump-Led Immigration Backlash Idles Farm Work

Trump casts himself as the 'Law and Order' president, but not all law enforcement officials agree with him.

Police Chiefs Say Trump’s Law Enforcement Priorities Are Out of Step

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

These clips and photos from Trudeau's meeting with Trump are something else! Someone mentioned that Trump seemed startled when Trudeau started speaking in French-apparently, this time (unlike with Abe), Donny couldn't get to his earpiece fast enough! I guess he wasn't aware that Canadia is a bilingual country.

@dragonflies I understand. I'll refrain from using it.

Trump allowed a paid guest to photograph and identify the U.S. official who carries the "nuclear football" for the president (it's all over social media).

Is this the first time that this has ever happened? I don't remember ever seeing the actual person responsible for this!

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Funnily enough a lot of people in Canada get very upset when Trudeau speaks French, especially when he's in places like Quebec where people not there seem to think they only want to speak French and not English. I imagine there will be some sort of to-do over this with Canada's far right. 

Trudeau had it easy with Obama. It must take everything he has not to just curl up and die having to play friendly with Trump. I guess he's probably more in agreement with Trump on oil and gas stuff though.

• Members

I have to disagree, with the utmost respect. There is little issue with Trudeau speaking French in Quebec. The issue he had a month or two ago was at a town hall meeting where he was in a bilingual audience and a citizen asked a question about English language medical service access (she lives in a Francophone area) and Trudeau answered her back in French - it was a simple mistake and the controversy was short lived. 

Canada is a bilingual country. My French isn't great, but I'm glad the bilingualism is forced on us in school. The far right in Canada is fringe and not respectable. They hate Trudeau with a passion, but they generally hate every politician who isn't from Alberta. The good news is they're an old demographic, so they won't be with us for long. 

I'm happy with the press conference went. We are stuck with Trump so it's good to see him calm with the likes of Trudeau and Theresa May. 

• Members

Is it just me, or does Ivanka look really happy to see the Canadian PM? I sort of anticipated it would be like this when I heard of some of the overtures she was making to Trudeau.

Still, very odd that someone who does not have a cabinet post would be so involved!  This is not as disturbing as the lack of transparency about Flynn and Russia (or the fact that the press seems so timid on asking the Trump administration for answers) but it's still disturbing nonetheless.